Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A good idea for NEW flyers

Reaction score
I just had a remarkable idea not knowing if anybody had the same, but if there were the availability of fixed blades for the breeze so that if and whenever you were to lose power for any reason or cut power you could safely, in theory, auto rotate down without tumbling - providing you didn’t hit something to knock your flat stance off kilter
Anyone?
And also has anyone tried the Knock off batteries with same and higher capacities

It's a good theory but doesn't work in real life. A quadcopter with fixed blades drops like a rock. The blades are simply too small.

Ok so all the replies I’d like to say I’ve auto rotated with a Visuo xs809- from 80 feet - it dropped easily - assuring I have nothing to worry about
Of course it was the physical characteristics of that drone
But that would rule out some of the implied responses- just to clear the air

A $41 toy drone is so light that damage is less likely. Most of them can fall and run into trees or walls with minimal damage.
The XS809 weighs 158 grams compared to 450 grams for the Breeze.

As a former Cobra mechanic and pilot, auto rotation as Gaunt mentioned needs a required pitch, and that all depends on the weight of the aircraft. The remaining pitch (collective) has to be at the right moment before landing. Of course there is more involved with a real helicopter.

Reactions: CAMXposure
To touch on the other question, I have two if the GiFi 1300mah batteries. Thought I might get a bit more time in the air and do see 1 or 2 minutes longer. But below 20% they lose power faster than the factory 1150's. Only thing was their price was half of the factory cost...

Reactions: CAMXposure
To touch on the other question, I have two if the GiFi 1300mah batteries. Thought I might get a bit more time in the air and do see 1 or 2 minutes longer. But below 20% they lose power faster than the factory 1150's. Only thing was their price was half of the factory cost...
thats the info I wanted to hear.... thanks mucho

Reactions: Camflyer15

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss