Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A new years eve flight Chesil beach and the isle of Portland

I betcha' that place is crowded during the summer months. Beautiful beach even when the weather's not all that great.

I betcha' that place is crowded during the summer months. Beautiful beach even when the weather's not all that great.
not really walks on a Sunday maybe but its not for swimming as the beach is on a shelf it drops off very fast try climbing out its very hard you get dragged back in with every wave and with the main Weymouth beach only ten mins away that`s where they all go
but the other side of this beach in Portland harbour will be full of windsurfers as the shape of the beach and the wind flow gives some of the best conditions for windsurfing ( ill have to do a vid when its full of them as long as the wind is not to strong )

Reactions: Grumpy
I think you will find that the Typhoon H handles the wind quite nicely. At least at the speeds that wind surfers would be comfortable being in.

What are the lines and squares buried in the beach??
Looks very different on Google to your vid
cheers
Pete

What are the lines and squares buried in the beach??
Looks very different on Google to your vid
cheers
Pete
bunkers.png
this was the section i was flying over pic from google maps there are remains of gun bunkers etc from ww2 Weymouth and Portland harbour was a very important place during the war

had 2 more flights from chesil beach will be doing more just to try and capture an amazing sunset
but here are some images captured from video not a bad sunset but have seen much better ones patience will get me there but in the mean time until it happens i can practice with the camera settings

Screenshot_25.pngScreenshot_26.pngScreenshot_24.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49