Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First Flight Impressions of the Plus

Just an info comment to the H Plus owners. if you do not have the Owners manual (20 pages) it is a very good manual. It can be acquired on the Yuneek web site.

Just an info comment to the H Plus owners. if you do not have the Owners manual (20 pages) it is a very good manual. It can be acquired on the Yuneek web site.

It can be obtain here. There is a reversion of the manual in PDF.

Received my TH Plus today and wasted no time getting it set up calibrated and in the air. The first few seconds told me everything I wanted and needed to know. @Ty Pilot and others are correct, it is a Pilots aircraft. I could go on all day about how solid, smooth, refined, precise, and well mannered it is but he has already covered all that (ad nauseam);).

They have achieved a very nice balance in the Plus between GPS control and pilot control, and the manner it which it transitions between the two is nothing less than graceful. With the H480 it always seemed like an arm wrestling match when you are trying to make small adjustments in position -my biggest, well only beef with 480. Ty is spot on when he says you can fly it down a hallway in the house.

The Rate slider is more usable on the Plus than the 480, all it does on the 480 is slow down the arm wrestling match, doesn't actually make it better. In fact, I never use the rate slider on the 480, it's always full rabbit because I adjusted my rate curves so turtle & rabbit are covered smoothly with the full movement of the sticks. This was my apprehension for getting a Plus -no rates adjustments. However like Ty said, control is great and he wouldn't change 'em if he could. I'm programmed subconsciously to make banked turns and it's involuntary for me, given the ability I would bump the Yaw up a little bit because I don't like a sluggish Rudder -like the 480 has. However the Plus Rudder response is vastly improved and is quite manageable as it is, I can easily learn to live with it. Especially since I have other high performance drones for when I'm feeling frisky.

The Camera functions are still a bit over my head, been concentrating on flying it today. Flew out 3 batteries and was constantly impressed with its flight characteristics. Tried out the task modes a little and basically gave it a good shakedown cruise before I left feedback for the previous owner, and in doing so I logged my first hour of flight time on the Plus. I think I'm in love!

I can see this is going to be a great relationship, this one is a keeper! It's hard to sum up the TH Plus in one word, if I had to pick one it would be "WoW"! :D

Thanks again @Ty Pilot for the time you spent creating this thread and all the great information and videos, it lives up to your praise and doesn't disappoint.
....But I'm on to your ploy. I still think you had subliminal messages embedded in those videos, every time I watched one I felt the need to buy one becoming increasingly harder to resist. It only took watching them 3 times before I just had to have one! So whatever program you are using for that it's workin' great!:cool:

I have to agree about the Plus. I've mostly flown DJI in the past, and after this, I will hard pressed to fly any of mine again. I especially love how the H+ allows me to decide for myself if the airspace is OK to fly in (with a few exceptions around very large airports). Plus I just love how quiet it is. No more comments about a swarm of angry killer bees!!

Reactions: 10-8
I was out yesterday flying both my H and H Plus and when both are in the air at distance, the standard H is practically all you can hear with it's high pitched motors. There is a big difference even between these two aircraft.

Reactions: DCH and PhotoGuy
I was out yesterday flying both my H and H Plus and when both are in the air at distance, the standard H is practically all you can hear with it's high pitched motors. There is a big difference even between these two aircraft.
Yes! This is true, if you get a Plus, make sure you remember to shut the motors off before you pick it up! :eek:
...Yes, it that quiet!

Reactions: PhotoGuy
This may not qualify as first flight impressions, yet it seems the appropriate place to post my first impressions of the inside of the Plus.
I took a little excursion thru the inside of the Plus yesterday as I started my 520 body shell replacement, and like any good tourist going somewhere for the first time, I took snapshots of the scenic tour along the way. I've been around the H480 block many times, but this was my first trip into the Plus. So I've put together a little slide show of my travels. -Not that anyone is interested, but hey, ya never know.

First is an overview of my travels. If you've never seen the inner sanctum of the Plus, ya gotta check this out!
ScreenHunter_6107 Jan. 04 20.43.jpg

Next I was very impressed to see that the fore and aft motor leads have been arranged and secured in a far batter way than the H480, very well thought out. The two side motor leads however still use the fabric tape.
ScreenHunter_6108 Jan. 04 20.43.jpg

I also noted the 2.7 radio board has been moved to the rear to its own mounting bracket above the battery & below the GPS module. This is a nice touch and uses brass screws to secure to its dedicated location, rather than using 2 sided tape to just stick it somewhere on the side of the battery compartment, that's "tacky" and always struck me as a prototype afterthought. Rather disappointing on a consumer product in the H480 price range. I'm happy to see this properly addressed in the Plus.
ScreenHunter_6106 Jan. 04 20.42.jpg

And the last roadside attraction that caught my eye was I see the Plus uses the same GPS/Compass board as the H520.
ScreenHunter_6105 Jan. 04 20.42.jpg

I also learned one more important difference between the H480 and the H Plus others not know. Unlike the H480 which will allow you to arm motors and idle without props for testing (both with and without the GUI) the H Plus will not. If you try to arm them they will start for about one second then shut down with a warning. One (who looks a lot like me) could easily mistake this for a motor problem when it is not (and panic!). Just a little tip I thought I would pass along.

So there you have it friends, my latest adventure down the road of experience. And BTW the skin transplant turned out quite well. I'll have no more problem seeing this against my typically dark backdrops. Now the only problem I have is every time I look at it, it takes a second for me to realize it's mine. :rolleyes:
ScreenHunter_6114 Jan. 05 03.24.jpg

Last edited:
I certainly hope you got a model release, before showing off your Plus in all it's nudity on the internet...

I certainly hope you got a model release, before showing off your Plus in all it's nudedity on the internet...
...ooh, didn't think of that. What do I do now?
Hey wait a minute! Are you sure looking at someone's guts constitutes "Nudity"?
...I'm thinkin that's more like "Indecent exposure". ...just like most of my photographs!:confused:

I did this as well when I painted my shell. The SD card internally is what caught my eye. The improvements that came with the 480 over time like the better wire strap relief were good to see. I also love the motherboard being better built and it looks like that power to the camera is better regulated. For sure having the receiver mounted properly is awesome as an antenna upgrade or replacement will be much more simple. I wish it had a power port like the Q500 does though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss