Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A problem with OBS.

Reaction score
After hitting a tree I decided to fix the drone. Because RS was damaged so I did not put it on and decided to use sensors from the drone. The drone flies normally but the problem is not working obstacle detection sensor. After turning it on, a message appears on the console:
" Ultrasonic sensors are not working ". How do I fix the damage? One more question - what is the small knob in the middle between the sensors used for?

I am having trouble understanding what you are trying to convey in your post. You say you removed the RS module and are having issues with the ultrasonic sensors not working. That would mean the forward facing sensors that look like these.
C2F6AA63-D4D1-48EC-B122-46A07D81E06D.jpeg

Then you you mention a knob in the middle which leads me to believe you are referring to the down facing ultrasonic sensors on the RS module as shown below.
778E38A6-0BFB-4287-973B-DE0C925854BC.jpeg
The knob in the middle here is the flow camera that is used to help stabilize the aircraft when it is in the Indoor Positioning Sensor mode.

If you have removed the RS module you also need to deselect it in the settings menu.

Reactions: DCH
Hello.
I think I have described the problem incorrectly so I will start again.
1. the drone after hitting a tree crashed resulting in damage to the RS as well, which I disassembled completely.
2. the drone has its sensors built in, which after removing the housing have a knob in the middle and about it in the second part of the question I wanted to know what it is for.
3. message about not working sensor appears during flight after switching sensor to work mode ( with OBS off drone flies normally ).

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)20210818_215335 (Medium).jpg

Reactions: DoomMeister
Thank you for the information but I still don't know what could be the reason for the OBS module not working. Maybe some suggestions? Should a properly working OBS display the distance to the obstacle on the screen ( as it is in the H520 drone )?

Thank you for the information but I still don't know what could be the reason for the OBS module not working. Maybe some suggestions? Should a properly working OBS display the distance to the obstacle on the screen ( as it is in the H520 drone )?
Only with a RealSense module.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal