Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A seagull attacked my H !

My phantom never gets bothered by birds, but every time I fly the H, the birds start circling and come closer and closer, makes me so nervous I bring down and land it!!!

Yeah they see it as another bird threatening their territory. Its crazy to watch. When I fly mine the local hawks appear out of no where within 10 minutes.

Had a flock of pelicans going by about 1/4 mile away and all of a sudden they turned toward my H and headed in. I landed immediately and they resumed their original course.

I was out yesterday with my buddy flying at Corona del Mar State Beach. He was flying his P3P and I was flying my H and I got more gull attention than he did. The gulls seemed to attack the H twice as much as the P3P with more aggressive behavior. Maybe the frequency of the props affects them more than the P3P's or the look of the H mimics some type of food??? But it was close on a couple of occasions where the H was attacked by 2 gulls at the same time and I had to fly my arse off to get my H back. Be really careful around vigilant around the ocean.

I was out yesterday with my buddy flying at Corona del Mar State Beach. He was flying his P3P and I was flying my H and I got more gull attention than he did. The gulls seemed to attack the H twice as much as the P3P with more aggressive behavior. Maybe the frequency of the props affects them more than the P3P's or the look of the H mimics some type of food??? But it was close on a couple of occasions where the H was attacked by 2 gulls at the same time and I had to fly my arse off to get my H back. Be really careful around vigilant around the ocean.

Its because the H looks like it means business. The phantom........more like an undersized bloated elephant

Maybe seagulls feel less threatened by the Phantom which is white and more compact.

I have a lot of red tail hawks around my farm and they come towards it some of the time but I then chase after them and they take off. The best defense is a good offense, it seems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis