Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A simple question for h plus owner

Reaction score
how stable is the h plus in a hover at 300ft to 400ft agl. also if the controller for any reason drops it signal to the h plus does rtl fail safe kick right in? and if the rtl fail safe kicks in when the controller regains signal you get flight control back?

how stable is the h plus in a hover at 300ft to 400ft agl. also if the controller for any reason drops it signal to the h plus does rtl fail safe kick right in? and if the rtl fail safe kicks in when the controller regains signal you get flight control back?
The plus is stable at any altitude you choose to hover, it is by far the most stable drone I have ever flown. If you loos signal the RTH will kick in and the drone will find its way back to you the only thing you have to keep in mind is setting the RTH altitude higher than any obstacle in a direct line between you and the drone to avoid it flying into them.

Reactions: weajr and oliver
The plus is stable at any altitude you choose to hover, it is by far the most stable drone I have ever flown. If you loos signal the RTH will kick in and the drone will find its way back to you the only thing you have to keep in mind is setting the RTH altitude higher than any obstacle in a direct line between you and the drone to avoid it flying into them.
It would be good practice to back up the auto RTL by placing the manual switch to RTL

Reactions: weajr
And I have flown mine as far away as I can still see it, as tiny dot, without losing control link. Video can be spotty out past 2,000 feet however.

And it is a very stable platform. I love mine.

I agree, the H Plus is going to be one of the most stable platforms at altitude. As far as RTH and regaining the signal; if you lose RC connection while flying in Angle, Sport or Smart mode, and the aircraft enters RTH and begins to return, when and/or if the signal is reconnected it will be in the mode that the controller was left in. If on the other hand you lose signal and it starts flying back and you switch into RTH and the signal comes back it will complete that task unless you flip to a normal flight mode.

Reactions: Docdor and Phaedrus
well I was just taught how to bind the c23 to the h520 and get full function. minus ability to do firmware updates from it. note you may invalidate the h520 1 year warranty.

well I was just taught how to bind the c23 to the h520 and get full function. minus ability to do firmware updates from it. note you may invalidate the h520 1 year warranty.
Could you give some insight on how to do this? If this is a working solution Plus owners might be able to turn their plus into a 520 by replacing the firmware [emoji16]

to make a plus to h520 cost you 299 for the main board. board must be changed. right now I a heading out for 8 test flights with the c23 camera on the h520 will post results when I get back. then I let you in on how to bind. there are a few more steps you have to do about 3 to 4 more to be precise.

just got back in from breaking in a new h520 and c23 camera. results were good. ultra x batteries gave average 20 min per battery. when recording with the c23 time will be reduced a bit pending on recording settings. ultra x battery distance at 22 mph was a little over 5 miles. venoms recording video lasted 22 min before I Landed the h520 to switch out to the second venom. a storm blew up and I was in the inflow no percip area.
A area in the storm also developed that mandated it to be monitored for further development. So the h520 went briefly on skywarn duty.
At 390 ft agl it provided a good view. facing north area of concern was about 5 to 6 miles to my 1 to 2 o clock. rain shaft also developed to my 11 to 12 and was 8 miles out and heading my way so I landed my craft and packed it up for the day.
Even better c23 camera picked up right off the bat. I did not have to do the additional steps that was taught to do. I would only have to do the steps if I change cameras or update the h520 firmware with the e90 camera.

Do At Your Own Risk
now here how I was taught how to bind the c23 to the h520. (h plus owners with latest c23 firmware and do this please inform me if the digital zoom works my c23 is on older firmware and zoom on it not enabled.)
step one h520 no props on place battery in copter
step 2 attach c23 camera to h520.
step 3 power on st16s
step 4 power on h520 wait for the c23 led to go to blinking green.
step 5 when st16s is fully powered on and data pilot loaded up back out of data pilot into the android interface.
step6 go to setting in the android go to wifi then open wifi.
step 7 on the wifi list look for c23 camera it should be on the list select it and enter the password for it default is 1234567890.
step 8 go back to datapilot if done correctly you will get video feed
step 9 check the controller icon should be normal not flashing red. the data pilot will say app on wifi connection but camera settings should list it as e90.
step 10 check to make sure that the gimbal controls work fully with the camera if all is good the camera will fully respond.
now when you change cameras or switch wifi connections on the st16s or do firmware updates with a h520 official supported camera you have to do steps 1 to 10 again.
Note This is yet to be tested with the data pilot mission software.
Also you will not be able to do firmware updates from yuneec updates and the sd card slot of the c23 camera.
(important note)I saying the sd card slot not avalible for firmware updates. for now and do not attempt for now, because I am waiting for a data pilot software update for flight controller update to confirm for myself that it can be done without issues before saying it can be done.
However if you do not change anything the c23 should pick right back up and be usable. Did 3 st16s battery changes and 8 flight battery changes and the c23 came back up fully functional every single time.
hold on to your hats I may have another camera hack in the works to bring another one to the h520 family okay that semi worked I going to have to open the cgo3+ and change a few boards for full conversion.

Last edited:
Do At Your Own Risk
now here how I was taught how to bind the c23 to the h520. (h plus owners with latest c23 firmware and do this please inform me if the digital zoom works my c23 is on older firmware and zoom on it not enabled.)
step one h520 no props on place battery in copter
step 2 attach c23 camera to h520.
step 3 power on h520 wait for the c23 led to go to blinking green.
step 4 power on st16s
step 5 when st16s is fully powered on and data pilot loaded up back out of data pilot into the android interface.
step6 go to setting in the android go to wifi then open wifi.
step 7 on the wifi list look for c23 camera it should be on the list select it and enter the password for it default is 1234567890.
step 8 go back to datapilot if done correctly you will get video feed
step 9 check the controller icon should be normal not flashing red. the data pilot will say app on wifi connection but camera settings should list it as e90.
step 10 check to make sure that the gimbal controls work fully with the camera if all is good the camera will fully respond.
now when you change cameras or switch wifi connections on the st16s or do firmware updates with a h520 official supported camera you have to do steps 1 to 10 again.
Note This is yet to be tested with the data pilot mission software.
Also you will not be able to do firmware updates from yuneec updates and the sd card slot of the c23 camera.
(important note)I saying the sd card slot not avalible for firmware updates. for now and do not attempt for now, because I am waiting for a data pilot software update for flight controller update to confirm for myself that it can be done without issues before saying it can be done.
However if you do not change anything the c23 should pick right back up and be usable. Did 3 st16s battery changes and 8 flight battery changes and the c23 came back up fully functional every single time.
hold on to your hats I may have another camera hack in the works to bring another one to the h520 family okay that semi worked I going to have to open the cgo3+ and change a few boards for full conversion.
Powering on an aircraft before the controller isn't good practice. Is it necessary to power the aircraft on before the controller to do this?

actually no. the controller can be turned on first. the person who taught me about it only did so to prove that the c23 would communicate to the h520. so you can swap steps 3 and 4. made a edit to the above list to reflect this.

Did a few more test flights may have found a issue. every thing works great when you are in range with the controller. However When I went for the distance test I had issue were the video started getting choppy 2200 ft at 397 ft agl. so I started heading back to launch point . I lost video total black out. then got the dreaded yellow message about lost link to rc. Was able to get the h520 back in range of the controller. RTL DID NOT ACTIVATE. The unit came back to me in one piece and was landed without issues. I will be doing more testing on this on 8-17 8-18 weather permitting.

okay that was just a one time issue just got back from the field c23 is functionally as it should. did another range test and it triggered rtl right were I was expecting it to. however the e90 was able to go further and not trigger the rtl go figure. had new and buggy issues with the e90 binding to the h520 that was new fixed that by removing the sd card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval