Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A slight irritation with the Gimbal

Reaction score
Not wishing to moan but when I am shooting video manually I get things moving nice and smoothly and then accidentally catch the tilt slider with a finger and it ruins the shot. Anyone else find this happens or is it just me?
I suppose the only way round it is use CCC which disables the slider and gives better control on the right stick, but it wastes battery setting up and is not necessary for a simple run in.

Not wishing to moan but when I am shooting video manually I get things moving nice and smoothly and then accidentally catch the tilt slider with a finger and it ruins the shot. Anyone else find this happens or is it just me?
I suppose the only way round it is use CCC which disables the slider and gives better control on the right stick, but it wastes battery setting up and is not necessary for a simple run in.
Happens all the time to me too, I was thinking of putting some sugru on it to make it stick out more or be more of lever, even some shots where it looks ok, later in post you see you nudged it down just a bit....I wonder if there was a way to even slow it right down in the radio settings, it way too fast to be of any use...(to me anyway)

Reactions: OnTheRopes
Happens all the time to me too, I was thinking of putting some sugru on it to make it stick out more or be more of lever, even some shots where it looks ok, later in post you see you nudged it down just a bit....I wonder if there was a way to even slow it right down in the radio settings, it way too fast to be of any use...(to me anyway)
Yes if it could be slowed down in settings it would help, if you use Velocity mode it can be tilted really slowly but that has other complications, so I would have thought it must be editable somewhere?

You can programm to move slower:
It's not easy, but when you get the point, it is do-able

Fired up the 3D printer and came up with this:
upload_2016-7-22_15-21-6.png
upload_2016-7-22_15-22-26.png

Just stuck on with double sided tape, yet to fly with it but holding the transmitter in my hand my finger now naturally rests on the guard instead of the slider.

Reactions: banned user
I've always found (20+ years of heli and aircraft flying) that flying with the neck strap is the best way to provide a solid platform to avoid accidintal slider, switch, and stick input. Not saying you're not already doing that, but for those who haven't learned to fly with a neckstrap, give it a try. Also, to smooth out flight control, everyone should extend both right and left stick.

Reactions: OnTheRopes
I've always found (20+ years of heli and aircraft flying) that flying with the neck strap is the best way to provide a solid platform to avoid accidintal slider, switch, and stick input. Not saying you're not already doing that, but for those who haven't learned to fly with a neckstrap, give it a try. Also, to smooth out flight control, everyone should extend both right and left stick.
That is a very good point and something I am not doing but keep meaning to, so thanks for the tip and I will definitely try that next time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop