Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

About to be a yuneecer ( not even know it makes any sense)

Is it usual to have all these apps already installed? No one is downloaded by me. Can I delete some? I'm worry about space and slowing down the TX.
What the android robot is for? 20191231_002332.jpg

20 flights only? Even if it's 40, it would still seem like very little, but very little.

Even if it's very hot in your area, with all the love, you're not doing anything wrong? A battery, no matter how bad it is, if you take care of it correctly, less than 100 or 150 cycles will do.

When you mentioned that you change batteries regularly, I was alarmed, so I asked you. You can consider buying a small portable fridge as a means of transport so that the batteries do not suffer so much and at home leave them in a cool area.

If you want to comment on the whole process that you follow with the batteries, the charge, how you use them, above, same between all we find where can be that hypothetical failure that makes them last so little, what's for sure is that it's not normal for you to have only 20 cycles ?

With my batteries it is pretty much the same regarding swelling as @chascoadmin experienced.

Swelling In warm conditions starts after approx. 20 to 25 flights with my batteries.

During winter period here in Germany I need to warm the batteries before flying (I am heating to around 35 Centigrade). I am treating the batteries well from my perspective but they start swelling quite early. But they still do their job well and reach the expected flight times.

Regards,

Sven

Reactions: chascoadmin
Is it usual to have all these apps already installed? No one is downloaded by me. Can I delete some? I'm worry about space and slowing down the TX.
What the android robot is for? View attachment 19573
That's pretty much a box stock Android build so not allot of fluff like you would see on many other devices. I am not familiar with that droid icon app FlightContra? what's the rest of the name that is cutoff? Your file size management is going to come with use. The three main areas to watch are DataPilot>Missions, Photos and Videos. Missions don't take up a whole lot of space until you get a bunch of them or if you have some really large sites with complicated actions added. Photos and videos will get you if you don't clean them out occasionally. Basically they are thumbnails and lower resolution versions of what you have already captured on your mSD cards. It depends on how much you fly.

What the android robot is for? View attachment 19573
Those are the apps that are present during a factory reset of the ST-16S. If you ever do the reset you will have to reinstall DataPilot. I believe the app with the Android bot icon is the program that is accessed during POI and other automated flight settings. We have something similar for the Typhoon H.

@chascoadmin is on the mark with memory management on the ST-16S.

Looks like FlightContralModeTest is just an API caller to test the special functions of the RC to connect to Yuneec's software. It is a baked in app. @DoomMeister is correct that the other unique software needs to be installed after a reset, but you typically want to do that through updatepilot. Once you have downloaded updatepilot it will find all the other software for you.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Ok, so nothing to worry about. Thanks.

Checking in the setting , going in the storage info it says 3.7gb free /4.5 gb total

So, I installed an SD card and realized I have no idea on how to use it to store Data...especially Like offline maps because I don't like to use my phone as an access point.

To have maps online at your flight location, you will be forced to use your phone to collect the map on the spot. The St16s does not have a SIM card. Once your card is obtained, you switch your phone to airplane mode, or you can switch off your phone.
The other way is to load an offline map at your place of flight and on the spot, from the GPS position of the radio, the map can be displayed.

To have maps online at your flight location, you will be forced to use your phone to collect the map on the spot. The St16s does not have a SIM card. Once your card is obtained, you switch your phone to airplane mode, or you can switch off your phone.
The other way is to load an offline map at your place of flight and on the spot, from the GPS position of the radio, the map can be displayed.
So I can easily download as much maps as I want and be sure , even if I don't have cellular signal, to have the maps available in that location? Can I store the maps in the sd card of the st16s?

No, the cards transferred from the computer are stored on the root of the ST16S, I never found a trace on the SD and I don't think we can put them. Datapilot will look for them where they are. You cannot change the directory.
For this, pay attention to the size of the cards so as not to reduce the memory of the ST16s too much

Reactions: MrEd
No, the cards transferred from the computer are stored on the root of the ST16S, I never found a trace on the SD and I don't think we can put them. Datapilot will look for them where they are. You cannot change the directory.
For this, pay attention to the size of the cards so as not to reduce the memory of the ST16s too much
Then .... what the st16s's sd card is for?

That is so dumb for an 2019 android device.... [emoji15].... Especially because it has what, 5 gigs of internal storage?
No doubt, an abysmal about of memory, but we have to take into account that the control is almost 3 years old now and they didn't make much of a change form the standard ST16. Yuneec has very slow adoption, which in my opinion is good, but it can be a hindrance in some important places. You can see the opposite end where DJI didn't plan the life of the P4P long enough nor expect the success of it. It is still the premier mapping drone for 90% of the public, but is no longer available unless you want to pay the premium rare/classic price. The H520 RTK model better release in February as now stated or at least be able to get my hands on one or I might have to rethink making the H520 our standard mapping platform. I just don't know what else I would go to because as much as we fly I can't substantiate putting a $6K+ bird in the air. Not because of the ROI, but the increasing risk of something going wrong and the best practice of having a backup. We would need 3 so $20K+ vs. $10k isn't a hard business decision.

Reactions: MrEd and Max_IT
No doubt, an abysmal about of memory, but we have to take into account that the control is almost 3 years old now and they didn't make much of a change form the standard ST16. Yuneec has very slow adoption, which in my opinion is good, but it can be a hindrance in some important places. You can see the opposite end where DJI didn't plan the life of the P4P long enough nor expect the success of it. It is still the premier mapping drone for 90% of the public, but is no longer available unless you want to pay the premium rare/classic price. The H520 RTK model better release in February as now stated or at least be able to get my hands on one or I might have to rethink making the H520 our standard mapping platform. I just don't know what else I would go to because as much as we fly I can't substantiate putting a $6K+ bird in the air. Not because of the ROI, but the increasing risk of something going wrong and the best practice of having a backup. We would need 3 so $20K+ vs. $10k isn't a hard business decision.
I can only cross fingers Because I'm really counting on this drone. It costed me a fortune and it has to give me everything back........

And yes ... it is not an hard business decision..... Yuneec has to know that.

I was also thinking to make a kasko insurance... It's about 250€ /year and I have ful coverage of damege, just like the dji care service.

Last edited:
I can only cross fingers Because I'm really counting on this drone. It costed me a fortune and it has to give me everything back........

And yes ... it is not an hard business decision..... Yuneec has to know that.

I was also thinking to make a kasko insurance... It's about 250€ /year and I have ful coverage of damege, just like the dji care service.
We are hear to help. What kind of use are you planning to start with?

Insurance is a must. These are electronics!

We are hear to help. What kind of use are you planning to start with?

Insurance is a must. These are electronics!
And I really thank you....[emoji16]

The insurance I was talking about is in addition to the regular insurance I have to make and it re fund me of the cost of the drone ( payload included) if it crashes because of me.

I actually starting the business.. [emoji4]

I'll use the h520 for surveying mapping and so on.
But, starting from zero, I'll do everything ...... I have a mavic mini too and I'm planning to buy a mavic (pro?) soon .

Nice. I have been looking at the Mini. I think it would be a good addition for many of our inspection, but Survey/Construction mapping is what we do so PM me any time.

Nice. I have been looking at the Mini. I think it would be a good addition for many of our inspection, but Survey/Construction mapping is what we do so PM me any time.
Cool thank you.. I will for sure.

The mini, because its weight, is going to have more advantages so I can have a first look before going to do the work with the h520....
It has a problem with nfz, but they say is going to be fix by the end of this month..... [emoji23] .... Probably next month

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio