Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

About to be a yuneecer ( not even know it makes any sense)

First of all, I wish you all a happy new year :D

The battery thing, you leave me cold, or hot if we switch from germany to texas xDDDDDDDdddd

I've never had a battery problem with so few cycles. In fact I only have two originals, the ones that came with the drone, will have over 100 cycles each and not a single symptom of swelling. The rest of the batteries I have are not original.

There are two of you, not enough to say, but mine are among the first, as soon as the H520 comes on the market. So they're over two years old and no problem.

Have they changed them along the way and the more modern ones give such bad results? :rolleyes:

First of all, I wish you all a happy new year :D

The battery thing, you leave me cold, or hot if we switch from germany to texas xDDDDDDDdddd

I've never had a battery problem with so few cycles. In fact I only have two originals, the ones that came with the drone, will have over 100 cycles each and not a single symptom of swelling. The rest of the batteries I have are not original.

There are two of you, not enough to say, but mine are among the first, as soon as the H520 comes on the market. So they're over two years old and no problem.

Have they changed them along the way and the more modern ones give such bad results? :rolleyes:
Happy New Year All!

It's hard to quantify "swelling" or "puffing" so I might be speaking a different language. They are obviously not in a bad condition and perform well, but if you press firmly on the label you can feel a very small gap of gases that was not there brand new.

What are the average temperatures when you do the majority of your flying? How often do you fly, or I guess more importantly how long would it take you to put 20-25 cycles on a battery?

There are definitely two noticeable batches of batteries from Yuneec. If you look at the barcode under the door there is a B series and a Z series. I don't know which are what, but the Z series have been coming without the Yuneec logo on the door as well. Either way I only have 4 OEM's left and just ordered two more Gifi 7900mah so I won't have to worry about it much longer.

Reactions: MrEd
Happy New Year All!

It's hard to quantify "swelling" or "puffing" so I might be speaking a different language. They are obviously not in a bad condition and perform well, but if you press firmly on the label you can feel a very small gap of gases that was not there brand new.

What are the average temperatures when you do the majority of your flying? How often do you fly, or I guess more importantly how long would it take you to put 20-25 cycles on a battery?

There are definitely two noticeable batches of batteries from Yuneec. If you look at the barcode under the door there is a B series and a Z series. I don't know which are what, but the Z series have been coming without the Yuneec logo on the door as well. Either way I only have 4 OEM's left and just ordered two more Gifi 7900mah so I won't have to worry about it much longer.
The Power 4 OEM LiPo batteries for the H480 get that same puffy look that @chascoadmin is seeing. It is very minor and does not hinder inserting or removing the battery. I don’t think it is outgassing of the battery at all, but a warping of the plastic label caused by heat during flight. Once it happens it stays the same for a long time. If the batteries were outgassing the problem would get worse as time passed.

I don’t think it is outgassing of the battery at all, but a warping of the plastic label caused by heat during flight.
You may be right, but I can feel definite pressure in some of mine. Like an inflated ball. If it were just warping of the label you would think it would feel hollow when depressed? Maybe gasses is a bad term, but very slight swelling of each individual cell could look worse in total than it actually is, but definitely not something to be complacent about. I went to the RC car raceway with my Dad a couple months ago because I was thinking about getting back into it after a 15 year sabbatical and they have all gone from brushed to brushless and NiMH to LiPo so it was interesting to see the commonality in the power hardware. Point of the story is that those guys push their batteries way hard that what typical drone use does and I can't tell you how many puffy batteries I saw being pushed at 20 amps! Kind of scary after reading some of the dramatics on these drone forums... Anyways, I probably shouldn't have gone because I bought a car and am starting a series race next week, lol. :eek:

I just checked mine and they're from the Z series, one of the first that Yuneec must have taken out, in case it's a clue. They're still like the first day in terms of swelling. I don't do continuous load cycles like you do.

On the front they have an inscription "YUNH520105", which I understand is the brand, model of drone and the last 3 numbers I don't know what it refers to ?

So, mine are of the “B” series.

YUNH520105 is the Yuneec SKU number

There is another inscription: 4ICP11/48/116

“P” for Puffy I suppose :rolleyes:
Lol... Your "B" series have the Yuneec logo on the door? Those are the originals that came with my drones and yes they did puff early on. Everything I have now is Z series and they are in 3 different stages. The Gifi 7900's obviously don't have a label. The oldest one has 24 cycles with no swelling. The other is only at 9.

Lol... Your "B" series have the Yuneec logo on the door? Those are the originals that came with my drones and yes they did puff early on. Everything I have now is Z series and they are in 3 different stages. The Gifi 7900's obviously don't have a label. The oldest one has 24 cycles with no swelling. The other is only at 9.

My Bs do not have the Yuneec Logo on the door.

With what you are all commenting, it is understood that they have taken out different batteries, changes of manufacturer I imagine. Could it be when they took out the H PLUS that they changed and they are the same except for the color of the exterior housing?

The B series are the ones that swell the most?

With what you are all commenting, it is understood that they have taken out different batteries, changes of manufacturer I imagine. Could it be when they took out the H PLUS that they changed and they are the same except for the color of the exterior housing?

The B series are the ones that swell the most?
I agree that it has to be different manufacturers. Even the 7900 has a slightly different case. the opening is the same as the Z series, but the plastic is obviously different. Slightly lighter in color.

In my experience the B series did swell consistently. Not necessarily sooner, but more often.

Pretty soon I'll start using it and I'll keep track of number chargers as well as the internal resistance and obviously I'll keep you updated.

In the picture are the two cases the battery came in.... More than a year in manufacturing date. 20200102_172710.jpg

Pretty soon I'll start using it and I'll keep track of number chargers as well as the internal resistance and obviously I'll keep you updated.

In the picture are the two cases the battery came in.... More than a year in manufacturing date. View attachment 19597
Same here and I have experienced the same thing receiving batteries, even through back channels that are all over the place. Another reason why I will be purchasing Gifi's from now on until they run out.

Indeed, on the photo I put, Accus
The original Y-01 and Y-02 (Z) did not move and did not swell.
The Y-03 and Y-04 purchased later (series B) are slightly inflated but usable and still balanced
The Y-05 and Y-05 did not swell in this way by two blacks (Hplus) which did not move but were recent (B series too).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval