Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ACCELEROMETER CALIBRATION

Reaction score
I have never done the accelerometer calibration, because I do not know how to do it (I read the manual 1.1, but it's not enough).

Calibration must be carried out on the ground, before takeoff, to calibrate the altimeter (0 feet where he takes off), or is independent from this ?

If I make the calibration at my house, on a table, I am sure that the H is perfectly horizontal, while, at the flying ground, no.

Can you tell me what is the right way to do the accelerometer calibration?

Thanks in advance for any response.

good point about Altimeter!!
i did not make the accelerometer cal antil now

Its mandatory?

my H flyes very well with a normal drift as i use to fly in Angle Mode.

Acceleromater and Altimeter are not related.
To calibrate the accelerometer place the H on a known flat and level surface. I have a 24" level that I use to check the surface with before starting. Turn on the ST16 and let it come to at least the YUNEEC title, turn on the H, let both connect up, Go to Calibrate > Accelerometer. It only take a few seconds. I set my H in the direction of North out of habit for calibrating the compass because i normally do both while I'm at it.

Reactions: Marco Falchi
Acceleromater and Altimeter are not related.
To calibrate the accelerometer place the H on a known flat and level surface. I have a 24" level that I use to check the surface with before starting. Turn on the ST16 and let it come to at least the YUNEEC title, turn on the H, let both connect up, Go to Calibrate > Accelerometer. It only take a few seconds. I set my H in the direction of North out of habit for calibrating the compass because i normally do both while I'm at it.

I thank you for the information, but I'm confused about Altimeter.

In the following thread:

Is the "CCC mode" reliable ?

OnTheRopes asks:
"How do you calibrate altitude?"

and Dreamwash responds:
"Click GPS calibration in right side of ST16 screen
Select Accelerometer calibration.
I do this before every takeoff and make sure altitude on left side of ST16 is under 6"."

Here it seems that the accelerometer calibration includes the altimeter calibration.

What do you think about it ?

I have never done the accelerometer calibration, because I do not know how to do it (I read the manual 1.1, but it's not enough).

Calibration must be carried out on the ground, before takeoff, to calibrate the altimeter (0 feet where he takes off), or is independent from this ?

If I make the calibration at my house, on a table, I am sure that the H is perfectly horizontal, while, at the flying ground, no.

Can you tell me what is the right way to do the accelerometer calibration?

Thanks in advance for any response.
You do both the compass and accelerometer when calibrating,go to YouTube for a quick Easey tutorial.

I thank you for the information, but I'm confused about Altimeter.

In the following thread:

Is the "CCC mode" reliable ?

OnTheRopes asks:
"How do you calibrate altitude?"

and Dreamwash responds:
"Click GPS calibration in right side of ST16 screen
Select Accelerometer calibration.
I do this before every takeoff and make sure altitude on left side of ST16 is under 6"."

Here it seems that the accelerometer calibration includes the altimeter calibration.

What do you think about it ?
It is my opinion that the responder confused altimeter with accelerometer.

I just received this from Yuneec Customer sErvice
-----Original Message-----
Sent: 07/18/2016
Subject: Altimeter Calibration

Hi Kevin,

Calibrating the accelerometer does not affect the altimeter. However, any variations observed in the altimeter may be attributed to the GPS signal. It is common to see a difference of a few feet in the altimeter due to the nature of GPS. Glad you're enjoying our product and have a Yuneec day!

SH
Customer Care

It is my opinion that the responder confused altimeter with accelerometer.

Altitude is calibrated back to 0ft when you select 'accelerometer calibrate'. I'm not confused. This has been the ONLY way I've found to zero out the altitude when I start a new flight in a new location.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval