Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Adjusting Gimbal Tilt speed (Here's How)

I'll look. Some where positive value changes and some were negative.

I'll look. Some where positive value changes and some were negative.

Ok here goes....first one is easy for changing pan speed behaviors. Go to Channel settings, hit ok to exit flight controls. Then choose A04 and tap that box. That highlights the K1 box on the left. Tap that and enter edit. Now you are looking at the pitch curve of the K1 pan knob. Try adding an expo of 20% and you will see the straight line become curved. Note how it's "flatter" now at the center line. You should notice once reconnected, that the pan does not start immediately now once moved off the center detention point until you pass the 11:00 (left twist) or 1:00 (right twist) point. You should also observe that it's real slow now around this area and speeds up and slows down better.
What's great about this is you can set you knob over to a predictable speed now so once you engage pan, you get the desired consistent speed that also accelerates better for following something passing by quickly. Here is a screen shot of the offset. IMG_0251.JPG

Thanks! Going to give that a run...

Now tackling the tilt takes a few more steps. Again, enter Channel Settings and hit ok to exit flight controls. Tap the A03 box that highlights the K2 box on the left. Tap that box which brings up the tilt slider pitch curves. Note when you flip your S1 switch between the three positions that the pitch curve screens are following that switch.
I set my angle mode position to lower the camera down a bit to make a more even default horizon to foreground position when the tilt slider is fully up. This requires editing the curve found in this switch position. The rates are the absolute travel value here so by lowering them to -75/+75% you will limit the total tilt roll in this switch position only. I also added an Expo of +28% to change speed behavior and made this my most responsive position.
Now flip the switch to the middle position to gain some function here. With this one, I left the rate at 100% but added an 18% positive expo. This will make more sense when done so onto the last position.
The 3rd position or velocity mode behaves differently already then the other two when it comes to tilt speed and end points. It bugged me that the fully up position caught to much drone in the shot. By lowering the travel rate to 84%, you can stop it from passing the most annoying angle (note forward quick flight or wind can still pop a motor pod into shot but it's less often and never in hover) it came with. This I also did a negative expo of -37% which makes for a very slow roll when close to middle beep point.
Here are the screen shots of the three switch positions.

Reactions: AussieCate
Now tackling the tilt takes a few more steps. Again, enter Channel Settings and hit ok to exit flight controls. Tap the A03 box that highlights the K2 box on the left. Tap that box which brings up the tilt slider pitch curves. Note when you flip your S1 switch between the three positions that the pitch curve screens are following that switch.
I set my angle mode position to lower the camera down a bit to make a more even default horizon to foreground position when the tilt slider is fully up. This requires editing the curve found in this switch position. The rates are the absolute travel value here so by lowering them to -75/+75% you will limit the total tilt roll in this switch position only. I also added an Expo of +28% to change speed behavior and made this my most responsive position.
Now flip the switch to the middle position to gain some function here. With this one, I left the rate at 100% but added an 18% positive expo. This will make more sense when done so onto the last position.
The 3rd position or velocity mode behaves differently already then the other two when it comes to tilt speed and end points. It bugged me that the fully up position caught to much drone in the shot. By lowering the travel rate to 84%, you can stop it from passing the most annoying angle (note forward quick flight or wind can still pop a motor pod into shot but it's less often and never in hover) it came with. This I also did a negative expo of -37% which makes for a very slow roll when close to middle beep point.
Here are the screen shots of the three switch positions.

IMG_0255.JPGIMG_0256.JPGIMG_0257.JPG

One last thing. When done, you can now move from straight forward to a smooth bump up a bit with just flipping the tilt switch from position 1 (angle) to the non descriptive position 2. This allows for a smoother change also when moving to position 3 where I can go from slightly up to fully up by anticipating the roll with the slider while moving from switch position 2 to 3. And I also forgot you can play around with the when to move time with the speed parameter and to hit SAVE when done.

The first does the job! Now on to the next...

Thanks CraigCam, for your taking the time to show us how to do that. On another matter which for me is why I started all this.. is that it is worth noting that there is more than one German video which gives video instructions on changing the expo settings.
If someone can't translate them to English in the next couple of weeks I will do so when I visit a German friend of mine in May. It's too critical in my opinion to use Google Translate which is often entertaining but rarely accurate. Keep it up and calm winds to all.

Super THANKS We always fly in team mode with 2 ST-16 controls this is a major GAME CHANGER !!

Super THANKS We always fly in team mode with 2 ST-16 controls this is a major GAME CHANGER !!

I'm on the team mode thread inquiring because I got a shot at second H and want the ST for team mode. Can you get joystick control like the CCC does with the camera control ST or is it just the slider, knob, and switches that function?

Once you get it you can really customize it. It possible to save as new model and create different shooting specs also but I've not gone there yet.

is it possible to change (increase) flight speed also? I have only about 25 kmph in rabit/angle mode with obs. avoid off, seems a bit too slow :(

I could be wrong but the 10ms is for the time it takes to start signal from the center/off neutral position. I recall when playing with this value that it only delayed when my tilt or pan started moving. The speed of rotation is controlled by the knobs position relative to distance rotated. At its extremes, it rotates very quickly as we all know. By changing the ms value to secs, you are delaying the start time so when you twist the knob to initiate movement, it will take that 3 secs before moving. This allows you to place the knob in slow moving position like 1:00 for right pan, and 3 secs later it moves at your preset speed consistently. Same holds true for tilt slider as it also has a neutral position. The speed is actually set by the pitch curves hence the expo shaping to control tilt position angles as well as speed.
Hi Craig, sounds like you did a lot of work there. I'd be interested in paying you for a video tutorial on how you changed your switches. That's my only beef with the H - the gains on the gimbal knobs and sliders are so high as to make fine tuning a challenge. And with no dynamic braking on the gimbal, often it rotates past where I need it. Hang ten, man!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval