Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Advanced settings

Reaction score
Has anyone made any adjustments to the PID settings under the advance menu.
I would like to find a way to slow down the yaw control.
When the speed control is set to turtle, the yaw is a good speed, but everything else is extremely sluggish.
When I am closer to rabbit, the other controls are good for video, but the yaw is way to fast for video.
I typically like to fly half way between, but again the yaw is too fast.

Reactions: Michael Brown
Well, go into the Channel Settings on the st16, (with advanced mode on) and change the curve for the yaw control (has to be j1, j2, j3 or j4)

but why use jaw for video?
that's what the H has a 360 degree gimbal!

The 360 degree is great for stationary flight shots, but when you want a motion shot, you have to use yaw to create the pan.
Especially when you are flying FPV.

why not just use cruise control or a CCC route, and pan the gimbal ? yawing to do a pan sounds like the headache that is with a phantom to do the same thing.
For most instances that would work. But, if I am wanting to get a fly through shot amongst some trees, I would not trust CCC to get my drone through alive.
These extra features are great, but sometimes you want to get a natural flying shot and in these situations, manual flight is necessary.

Reactions: banned user
use the the cross buttons on the bottom of the st16 for yaw
Not possible. Left cross is cruise control / automated control of Roll and Pitch
and right cross controls exposure and white balance
So there is no automated jaw
Maybe one could program the cruise control for jaw?
Does the cruise control change with changing to mode 4?

The main problem for me is the delay in video vs RC response. One should play in advance. In other words, the pilot has to start yawing and wait, because usually nothing seems happening on the screen, but the copter is already yawing. So the pilot usually increase yawing rate and then suddenly it is too much. That requires a little bit of training.
By the way those are not PID.
Ric

When the speed control is set to turtle, the yaw is a good speed, but everything else is extremely sluggish.
When I am closer to rabbit, the other controls are good for video, but the yaw is way to fast for video.
I have found the same instance. I like doing sliding shots, so they have to be slow. The yaw is great in turtle mode, but I have to be ready to speed it up if I need to go up, it can be a bit sluggish. Yet in fast mode, the yaw is incredibly sensitive. I just need to learn to use a more sensitive touch in yaw.

Before changing things in the advanced settings make a copy of the original model. Then link to the copied model to make changes. Easier to go back if you mess up and forget what things were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Switch to global mode and yaw the camera using the knob, rather than yawing the aircraft.

Reactions: Michael Brown
I would still like to know if settings can be changed. I find the Tilt to be way too sensitive, it just has a "snap" in the beginning as opposed to the smooth easing of the DJI with a very low settings.

I would still like to know if settings can be changed. I find the Tilt to be way too sensitive, it just has a "snap" in the beginning as opposed to the smooth easing of the DJI with a very low settings.
It all depends on whether you're in turtle or rabbit mode or somewhere in between. Tilt is not so sensitive when in turtle mode. The Typhoon H can be quite sensitive, I like that. And learning to use the ST-16 gently is something that can only be learned. I'd rather have a craft that is sensitive then non-sensitive, but it does require additional skills to control.

You can play with the PIDs? That's crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It all depends on whether you're in turtle or rabbit mode or somewhere in between. Tilt is not so sensitive when in turtle mode. The Typhoon H can be quite sensitive, I like that. And learning to use the ST-16 gently is something that can only be learned. I'd rather have a craft that is sensitive then non-sensitive, but it does require additional skills to control.
would be good if both styles of shooting could be had, no?
sometimes I'm shooting with a DP that is operating tilt and rotation and he doesn't have time to practice.
so a setting to make the easeInOut programmable would go a long way to saving some shots

It would be great if we could make speed settings independent. To get that smooth slow yaw in turtle mode while forward and up or down are still in rabbit mode. I often will do a sliding shot of a home and to yaw it as it is moving around the side of the house, works well but I'm in turtle mode. So the entire craft circles around the house by slowly adjusting yaw and banking at the same time. Works great but I stay in turtle mode, you almost have too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval