Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Aerial Parallax - Yuneec Typhoon H - 8.25mm Lens

Was this shot with an H?
On Youtube it says:
"With a 8.25mm lens installed in a Yuneec Typhoon H CGO3+ 4K camera you get a 41 degree HFOV, which is more than a 2x zoom compared to the stock lens."

The swap out is the same as the others much easier than the 5.4mm lens...this is just what I've been waiting for...Nolan, Peau's owner told me about this a couple weeks ago and showed me a sample video....had to keep the lid on it until he announced it today....this is pure heaven for H flyers. You can have it installed by Peau or install it yourself.

BobW55 my bad, in our conversation I had with Nolan and I thought he told me it was like swapping out other lenses...I now see on their web site it is not...I wondered how it could be done with a back focus of over 8 while the stock Yuneec is just over 4....changing the lens mount which is required for this lens is very difficult...both Peau
and I ruined cameras trying to do it with the 5.4mm lens which has the same issue (long back focal length requiring a different lens mount). Looks like it will be something they have to do unless you're incredibly skilled...

Last edited:
Reactions: abinder
BobW55 my bad, in our conversation I had with Nolan and I thought he told me it was like swapping out other lenses...I now see on their web site it is not...I wondered how it could be done with a back focus of over 8 while the stock Yuneec is just over 4....changing the lens mount which is required for this lens is very difficult...both Peau
and I ruined cameras trying to do it with the 5.4mm lens which has the same issue (long back focal length requiring a different lens mount). Looks like it will be something they have to do unless you're incredibly skilled...
the Whole lens mount swap is easy.... since i was the first to have it done :)

My problem would be a clean area to do the swap.
itas easy also dont worry about the sensor getting dirty you can wipe it clean with microiber. the sensor is protected by a outer layer glass dont worry. easy thing to do

Alsey, as I recall correct me if I'm wrong you had them do it for you...you have never changed one yourself is that correct? The people who have actually done it at Peau (replacing the lens mount and lens) told me they ruined two cameras trying to do the 5.4 and have abandoned that mod. I also ruined one camera trying to do it. Merely swapping out the lens is "easy" when the one you're swapping with has a short back focal length but not a total mount change and lens with much longer back focal length...hair thin gimbal control wires etc. make it a delicate operation.

Last edited:
Alsey, as I recall correct me if I'm wrong you had them do it for you...you have never changed one yourself is that correct? The people who have actually done it at Peau (replacing the lens mount and lens) told me they ruined two cameras trying to do the 5.4 and have abandoned that mod. I also ruined one camera trying to do it. Merely swapping out the lens is "easy" when the one you're swapping with has a short back focal length but not a total mount change and lens with much longer back focal length...hair thin gimbal control wires etc. make it a delicate operation.
I did take out M H to Peau. since i was the first Cgo3+ camera i decited i would take apart the the Cgo3+ also i was the first to remove stock lens mount and install the larger mount. I can now say i can do a complete teardown of the cgo3+ and install new lens and mount in under 15 minutes

Oh you're the guy that said he had to go to home depot to get a screw driver...nice to meet you. I thought you had many steps in your video which you did not have to do, thus I posted my short video to show people how easy it was. Did you shoot the balloon video?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval