Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Aeronaut Carbon Props

Reaction score
Thought I would give these a try...not good. When I received them ALL the props were out of balance to the point to where I almost couldn't balance them. Finally got them acceptable and put them on the bird. They seemed to work okay with no wind but, when it got a little windy..you can't stabilize the bird. Also, I lost almost 5 minutes off the flight time because the pitch is way too drastic for the quad. 5" pitch to where the stock are 3". They also cause a tad bit vibration in video. It definitely made the quad more snappy and faster but overall..the props are very dangerous and I would not recommend these for your Q500+. I am sending them back for a refund.

Reactions: Centrey
..the props are very dangerous and I would not recommend these for your Q500+.

The carbon props ARE dangerous.IMAG1682.jpg after a crash, one of the props cut thru the chassis from the edge of battery door into the body about 1/2 inch, when you consider how thick that plastic is, you have to realize what that can do to flesh and bone! I will not use them anymore, i prefer to use the stock units as they should break easier.

Uummmm. Just bought some....wondering if I should even try them now.
Thanks for the info Slingshot

I just received some Maytech 1345 CF props. Haven't balanced or flown them yet. The tech at Yuneec told me the stock Q500 props are 4" pitch though. I have to fly a lot above 8000' here in N Wyoming and we kinda went in depth about air density n stuff. He sent me a download to release the 8000' ceiling in the stock software. Flying in thin air requires more pitch to get the lift. The Maytechs are 4.5" pitch which should help. Maybe I should run safety bumpers when using them, though more weight won't help the lift problems up there. I would try the 5" pitch Aeronauts if I could find a source for them. We have used CF props on large R/C aircraft for years and they carry a serious threat to Flesh n bones.

I just received some Maytech 1345 CF props. Haven't balanced or flown them yet. The tech at Yuneec told me the stock Q500 props are 4" pitch though. I have to fly a lot above 8000' here in N Wyoming and we kinda went in depth about air density n stuff. He sent me a download to release the 8000' ceiling in the stock software. Flying in thin air requires more pitch to get the lift. The Maytechs are 4.5" pitch which should help. Maybe I should run safety bumpers when using them, though more weight won't help the lift problems up there. I would try the 5" pitch Aeronauts if I could find a source for them. We have used CF props on large R/C aircraft for years and they carry a serious threat to Flesh n bones.
Yeah...I seen the Aeronauts (being that pitch was so drastic) did not hold up well with the Q500+. It was all over the place with the slightest of wind and battery life cut by 5 minutes. Plus side....snappy..quick with the controls and fly's considerably faster. I sent them back...I did order a set of the Maytech 13x3 CF props for Yuneec. I like CF props for their weight characteristics and really nothing else. As usual...I will check the balance before they go on the quad and we will see how they work out...thx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop