Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

After a crash?

Reaction score
Hi guys, I lost control of my typhoon the last time I flew it and I am wondering what steps to take now to make sure it fly's right next time. So here is what happened. I was getting details of a wedding ceremony. At first, it flew really well and I got great footage. But then the flower girls came and put out more flowers so I was trying to get new footage with the flowers in it and I could tell I didn't have the same amount of control. It would take a little longer to respond to my controller. And this is all from about 20-40 feet away. So it did this for a minute while I was trying to get footage and then it just stopped responding to me and flew into a pillar. It looked bleak for my drone. The crash looked bad and it tore a motor off. But after inspecting it I could see that I could fix it without much effort. I really just need to glue the motor back on the shaft. I already took it apart and checked the wires and got them all back connected. It starts up without giving me any warnings and seems like it is good to go. But I still don't know what happened. What if I try to fly again and it just wrecks again. What do you think happened? And what steps should I take to make sure everything is up to snuff?
Thanks in advance.
Nate

But I still don't know what happened. What if I try to fly again and it just wrecks again. What do you think happened? And what steps should I take to make sure everything is up to snuff?
Thanks in advance.
Nate

A whole lot more info is needed to make any relevant advice, for instance here are a few questions that might help:

Battery Voltage's at time of flight - at time of crash
How many Satellites for TX and the H
How many successful flights
Was this a new area from your normal flying
Indoors or Out
GPS on or off
What Flight Mode were you using
Have you ever checked the hardware monitor

These are just some of the ones that may help piece things together. You also could post your telemetry and perhaps someone could look at it and tell you what actually happened. Other than that, I would suggest if you do want to repair yourself; just make sure when you do test it you are in an isolated area away from people and property.

You also could post your telemetry
The telemetry might give important information about what happened. I suggest not flying until you have better information regarding the cause.
You can upload the telemetry file here and we can review it.

Hey guys, thanks for being willing to help. I truly appreciate it. It wouldn't let me upload the .csv file so I zipped it and uploaded it. Let me know if you can see the info from there.
Thanks so muh.

Attachments

• Telemetry_00017.zip
    173.5 KB · Views: 5
a very fast look at your file it looks like you had a lot of compass calibration warnings around the time it crashed.

Hey guys, thanks for being willing to help. I truly appreciate it. It wouldn't let me upload the .csv file so I zipped it and uploaded it. Let me know if you can see the info from there.
Thanks so muh.
I suspect the problem started before you launched. Here are some tips that you may find useful.

1. Find a launch site that doesn't have any metal or other interference. Concrete generally has metal rebar and will interfere with the compass.
2. Place the H on the ground, turn it on and don't touch until until you launch.
3. Allow several minutes for the GPS to update before starting the motors on the first flight of the day.
4. At low altitude the H compass will be more sensitive to metal and interference such as wifi and electrical signals. So stay away from people when doing so.

If the motor arm is broken I strongly suggest replacing it. Carbon fiber is difficult to mend without a good way to reinforce it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430