Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

After crash, first flight back

Reaction score
I'm a novice with my new Typhoon H. Didn't take long for me to push the envelope in a tight area and put it in the trees. Replaced (3) broken blades and remounted the camera's gimbal assembly. Nothing else appeared to be broken or damaged. First flight back in the air, everything appears to be operating a little differently. Pushing away from me on the stick in SMART mode now brings the Typhoon towards me. Everything appears to be backwards after the crash. Anyone have a similar experience? Suggestions?

Everything appears to be backwards after the crash
Following a crash you need to calibrate the compass and accelerometers. If that doesn't fix the problem come back here and let us know.
Remember....altitude is your friend. Trees are not.

I made the mistake of just going out, flying, and not researching how to use it. Smart Mode is completely different and will move in whatever way you move the joystick, (even though yours is backwards?), angle mode will move like you are used to. Learn how to fly it in angle mode, then dick around with all the other stuff. I was going to sell mine after I crashed and fixed it, but I have found that baby steps are turning out to be the most fun. If you take it step by step and don't go crazy, you will enjoy it.

Thanks for the feedback. Still seems as though the H responds differently now. I did recalibrate the compass, accelerometers, and re-binded the camera (was having connection issues with the camera as well). Camera works now, H flies Ok in Angle mode, still doesn't appear to work right in SMART mode. Obstacle Avoidance doesn't seem to be working at all. Not sure what's going on or how I clear it out and start over. Not sure why some of it works and some of it doesn't.

Not sure why some of it works and some of it doesn't
Next step would be to go to pad mode on the ST16, go to settings and then do a factory reset. After rebooting the ST, you will need to create a new model, give it a name, select a camera and then do the binding procedure. Camera password is 1234567890. You may also need to recalibrate the ST16.
Again, if none of this helps let us know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis