Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Airmap/LAANC...

Reaction score
For anyone using the Airmap/LAANC app or web app in the Birmingham, Al area - be aware that the app is VERY error prone and often shows inaccurate map data. I've confirmed this on a number of devices, location services on with high accuracy - different devices with the same physical address entered will show the same address on the map but give drastically different information. All apps are on current updates, Google maps and other GPS & terrestrial software & apps work fine, but Airmap/LAANC give consistent bad readings. I used Android and IOS devices side by side with the same map showing on AIRMAP/LAANC and it showed totally different advisories. I tried the web app to confirm but it is a BRICK and rarely works. The walkthrough link does not work and the address entry bar does nothing when you enter an address on both Chrome and IE browsers. This app & software needs to be heavily reworked and reviewed otherwise FAA 107 pilots who are making every effort to be compliant can inadvertently fly in non-compliance. if this is a resource that FAA 107 pilots are expected to rely on, it needs to work better.

I think the best place for it is the garbage dump and the big wheel behind its induction into the airspace clearance system needs time behind steel bars to rethink his conniving ways.

Stands to reason they are just as error prone as they have been as DJI’s NFZ database. They’ve had severe issues reading aerial charts from day one, which is a bit surprising since one of the founders was a ling time airline pilot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gbare