Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Airport Operator

Reaction score
I am at a loss. Can anyone tell me where to find phone numbers for airport operators and air traffic control towers? Is there a database of these numbers? I have looked in phone books but have been unsuccessful in locating phone numbers. Can any one help. Maybe I am looking for the numbers in the wrong place.

I am at a loss. Can anyone tell me where to find phone numbers for airport operators and air traffic control towers? Is there a database of these numbers? I have looked in phone books but have been unsuccessful in locating phone numbers. Can any one help. Maybe I am looking for the numbers in the wrong place.

Go to U.S. Air Space Map | Know Before You Fly and click on the airport you want to contact. The phone numbers given are not for air traffic control towers, if a tower is present. You will need to call the number listed and ask for the direct phone number.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Airport Facilities Directory through the FAA. Another, much easier, info source is www.skyvector.com Every airport shown on a chart has full info references available on the website. Airports in United States | SkyVector click on the state, find the airport name, click on the name.
Go to U.S. Air Space Map | Know Before You Fly and click on the airport you want to contact. The phone numbers given are not for air traffic control towers, if a tower is present. You will need to call the number listed and ask for the direct phone number.

Thanks

Airnav.com is another good source for contact information.

The best is the FAA themselves. All pertinent airport data can be downloaded as a spreadsheet at: Airport Data & Contact Information

Control tower numbers aren't well published. Simply because of the desire to reduce distractions. Asking the airport manager for the tower chief's email address would be another avenue of contact.

Here's one more source I like that includes the drone no-fly-zones around each airport:
www.altitudeangle.com
Go to the Drone Safety Map and hover cursor over edge of no-fly-zone circle to see information about airport. You may have to log in.

I use the app air map and I can submit my flight plan with the app and it notifies the the correct towers for me and I have to do it every day practically because right now the work I'm doing foe a couple of Solar companies has Smack in the middle of to airspaces that meet the 107 requirements for notification and one of the the areas that I'm doing inspections I"m at altitudes plus 1200 feet. You say what, yes some of the buildings are 550-700 high rise of cell towers now add my allowed 400 feet I'm at take off height for the North las Vegas regional airport, then I have Nellis AFB to contend with not including 2 active heliports 1 for TV station and the other for a very active hospital . So I use that app and it posts my flight plan and notification to the correct towers.

I use the app air map and I can submit my flight plan with the app and it notifies the the correct towers for me and I have to do it every day practically because right now the work I'm doing foe a couple of Solar companies has Smack in the middle of to airspaces that meet the 107 requirements for notification and one of the the areas that I'm doing inspections I"m at altitudes plus 1200 feet. You say what, yes some of the buildings are 550-700 high rise of cell towers now add my allowed 400 feet I'm at take off height for the North las Vegas regional airport, then I have Nellis AFB to contend with not including 2 active heliports 1 for TV station and the other for a very active hospital . So I use that app and it posts my flight plan and notification to the correct towers.
Very interesting. Are you somehow notified if there is an issue at one of the airports/heliports that would require you to stay out of the way?

One of the things about useing Airmap is not all Airports are useing that technology yet. User beware also it's safest to call ahead that way you have firm confirmation.

An important item missing from the previous posts is LAANC. Although AirMap is an app their primary usefulness is in providing LAANC access and filing. There are several other agencies providing this access and filing service. LAANC is in essence a service/means to obtain an operational waiver very quickly at locations that have been surveyed and approved by the FAA. As mentioned in another post, LAANC waiver approval is not available at all airports.

For those wanting to learn more about it I suggest a Google search for more info and a visit to the FAA’s website.

As for obtaining airport and air traffic phone numbers, they are widely available and have been for decades. The FAA publishes them in area airport facility directories and several web based airspace/map services do as well. But you have to think like a pilot, a person most likely to have need of that info to review documentation commonly used by them. Contact info is neither hidden or restricted, but positioned where those familiar with processes and procedures were taught to look. As we expand in our activities we also have to expand our knowledge base.

Last edited:

Airmap does not work as advertised, the platform is buggy that is why it is collaborating with Kittyhawk, and kittyhawk is DJI friendly. Both Airmap and Kittyhawk needs an identifier.

If in doubt, call tower or get a waiver. Majority of work near a critical airport zone 4-3 miles needs a waiver, and the FAA will have to provide the sUAS with an identifier if the sUAS does not have a digital signature onboard. YUNEEC’s NFZ unlock better than DJI.

I was just in Las Vegas for the Mortenson build of the Raiders stadium and surveyed/mapped the dome, and I must say. Las Vegas is a very hectic state to fly, it’s strict with its Laws, but McCarran tower personnels are very accommodating. I had to rely on Flightradar24 and constant communication with tower on a given radio frequency (provided by the airport)

I’m going back there, end of this month through first week of Dec. Let’s link up and if you’re 107 I need a VO and another operator in the pit. Got good insurance?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cegimo2215