Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

All 3 H batterie died the same week

Reaction score
Ive owned my Typhoon H a little more than 8 months and love it. Ive had both batteries and the S16 Battery die
in the same week. One battery will fly for 1 minute before a warning and if not landed within another minute it will land itself.
The second battery I get about 2 minutes before the warning. All this the same week as I replaced the S16 battery.
These batteries went from 20 minute flights to nothing overnight. I love this thing but man is costing me
alot of money. Anyone else have this happen? Its Krazy.

To assist, we will need some info on how you have used your batteries, specifically the H batteries.

What charger do you use, OEM or a 3rd party charger?

Related to the answer you give above, do you storage charge/discharge your batteries?
If so, do you storage charge ASAP?
Have you ever left any of these batteries fully charged, for some time?
If you do use a 3rd party charger, can that charger measure IR levels?
Are any of the batteries showing signs of swelling?

LiPo Battery Care

Reactions: DoomMeister
To assist, we will need some info on how you have used your batteries, specifically the H batteries.

What charger do you use, OEM or a 3rd party charger?

Related to the answer you give above, do you storage charge/discharge your batteries?
If so, do you storage charge ASAP?
Have you ever left any of these batteries fully charged, for some time?
If you do use a 3rd party charger, can that charger measure IR levels?
Are any of the batteries showing signs of swelling?

LiPo Battery Care
Ive been using the OEM charger although I had planned on getting one that balances. I have left them fully charged once or twice for no longer than 3days and have never ran thempast the first low volt warning, which i believe occurs at 50%. They still look new with no swelling. Dont know what to think about testing the cells, The first is 4.1 then 8.3 and 12.5 and a grand total of 16.8. Maybe I should check the contacts inside the battery bay?

If they are not swelled at all, that is good... in that they probably pose no increased fire risk. Leaving them fully charged more than 24 hours is not recommmended.

However, the reason they will not hold a charge can be determined by testing Internal Resistance in the individual cells. That can not be done with the OEM charger. There are several 3rd party chargers that have measuring IR as one of their features. Below is one:

Hitec AC X2

You will also need an adapter cable for the H batteries, available at

Typhoon H 3rd Party Charger Adapter Cable

Also review that LiPo Battery Care link... there may be a pop quiz in the future ?

Ive owned my Typhoon H a little more than 8 months and love it. Ive had both batteries and the S16 Battery die
in the same week. One battery will fly for 1 minute before a warning and if not landed within another minute it will land itself.
The second battery I get about 2 minutes before the warning. All this the same week as I replaced the S16 battery.
These batteries went from 20 minute flights to nothing overnight. I love this thing but man is costing me
alot of money. Anyone else have this happen? Its Krazy.
It wasn't in one week, but, all seemed to go at the same time but they were well used batteries. Along with that, I am in a conversation with GIFI (I know, head palm). I got two batteries the will not fully insert into my Typhoon H. The ad said they fit the Typhoon H, H480. Here is the heading from the ticket: For Yuneec Typhoon H H480. Then later in the description it says:
  • Special designed For Yuneec Typhoon H.
My question is are there two different "fits" between the Typhoon H (Pro) and the H480??

GIFI states in a response: It means that the battery you bought is not suitable for your device, and it is not that our product is defective.

The battery will go in just past the locking mechanism but will not fully engage the lock. There is definitely something at the front end blocking. I have two H Pros and same story for each.
Thanks and sorry if I hyjacked this thread.

Take a photo of the contact end of the GiFi batteries and post them here using the Attach files button.

Do your old batteries insert without any trouble?

I suggest to check also the charger, it's really strange that 3 batteries does not fully recharge at the same time!
Check contacts of the charger too...
I had some trouble using adapter cables (as the one mentioned by @Eagle's Eye Video), the three pins for the balancing sometimes were blocked and gave a bad contact with the battery socket.
Regarding the GIFI battery, I've one, no problems at all... up to now.
Slips inside its bay and locks properly as the Oem ones.

Stating that Leaving a lithium battery full charge for 24 hours is not recommended is not correct.

It's important that you understand that you cannot fully charge nor fully discharge a lithium battery - there is limit buffers in place by the BCM to prevent this from happening. If you have three batteries that lost capacity they should be replaced proving th charger is working properly. Does the battery show full charge after charging.

Keep in mind, there is a lot of garbage lithium cells produced in China that should not be used by consumers.

Mike
www.rvvolt.com

Are you referring to Smart Lithium batteries when you bring the BCM (battery control module) into the equation. The Yuneec batteries may have voltage and current limiting circuitry, but are not ‘smart’ batteries.

I do agree with the garbage battery packs that are found for sale now. Quality control is absolutely nonexistent.

How do these compare when hooking them to the charger as far as force to seat them properly?

Are you using the OEM charger, a DY3 type charger, or adapter cables to a third party charger?

Is it possible that being new the GiFi is just a tighter fit on the connectors in the aircraft? In theory it should be harder to connect to the charger than in the aircraft.

How do these compare when hooking them to the charger as far as force to seat them properly?

Are you using the OEM charger, a DY3 type charger, or adapter cables to a third party charger?

Is it possible that being new the GiFi is just a tighter fit on the connectors in the aircraft? In theory it should be harder to connect to the charger than in the aircraft.
I used a DY3 charger. I just charged ONE battery to make a flight. It attached to the charger and charged up with no problems. When I got to the field, the battery slipped in just fine but would not go in all the way and lock. I am NOT a forcer, so, moving the battery in and out, I noticed something was blocking the complete connecting at the terminal end. When I got hom I tried it on my other TyH and same experience. Interesting note, GIFI now states that I got the battery for the "Typhoon H H 480, " I think alluding to I ordered the wrong thing. Should I try to force it harder? I suspect I am pressing probably 2-3 FtLbs. Thank you so much for your suggestions. Would maybe a video help????

I would not force the battery too much in the aircraft. You do not want to mess up the connector in the aircraft. A video might help us see the issue. I am suspecting a slight misalignment, but GiFi has gotten a reputation lately for bad connector assemblies in their H series batteries. There have been a few with issues. GiFi needs to make this right.

I don’t know what GiFi is alluding to. The Typhoon H, Typhoon H Pro, and H480 are all the same aircraft and are names that are used interchangeably. The H Pro is usually adorned with the RealSense unit.

Reactions: 7cyclops
OK, I am my own opponent, as my tennis coach would often say. Re-reading your post and how they attached to the charger just fine, I decided to force a little harder. It snapped in perfectly although quite tight, but, I see that as a good thing. I am so sorry for taking up the time. I am a real protector of my drones. My apologies to you and GIFI. Thanks for the help, stay safe.

Reactions: Peter b
Not a problem, but do keep an eye on the plastic body that holds the contacts on the GiFi battery as there have been those on the forum that had it break and cause inflight failure. Also check the tension in the spring for the latch. You will likely find that it is considerably weaker than on the OEM Power4 battery. If you are going to stop using the old battery packs for flying, swap the springs.

Stating that Leaving a lithium battery full charge for 24 hours is not recommended is not correct.

It's important that you understand that you cannot fully charge nor fully discharge a lithium battery - there is limit buffers in place by the BCM to prevent this from happening. If you have three batteries that lost capacity they should be replaced proving th charger is working properly. Does the battery show full charge after charging.

Keep in mind, there is a lot of garbage lithium cells produced in China that should not be used by consumers.

Mike
www.rvvolt.com
A volt check after charging puts it at over 16 volts. They were all working fine then one didnt stay in the air but for a couple minutes and week later the other as well and i had just purchased a s16 battery. Can they be refurbished?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval