Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Alternate Backpack for Typhoon H?

If you're going to Costa Rica I'd suggest getting a Q500 4K case and re-purposing it like the guy in this video. I found a couple on eBay for around $120-200 depending on the seller and the style (original or updated one with a "trolley" handle and wheels).

Thats the ticket!!

Thanks, but I don't plan to reuse the Typhoon H foam insert in my Pelican 1610. The Pelican 1610 has its own foam that can be molded to hold the H copter, ST 1600, battery charger, propellers, and other accessories.

Reactions: DroneDude
Tigger posted a video showing how to retract the landing gear with the aircraft on the ground.

This opens up lots of new possibilities on sizes of containers and backpacks that could work.

Reactions: Skypicswa
Oh, something he doesn't mention in the video. Make sure you turn off the aircraft before the controller or the gear will extend again. Also, you can extend the gear later without the transmitter by powering the aircraft back on.

Glad I saw Tigger's vid. I hauled my H up a hiking trail yesterday and the only thing I had to carry it in was the box with foam insert. I was just thinking it might be much easier to find a compact container if I could retract the gear.

Here's some dimensions just measured on my H:

Arms out, props off, gear retracted, camera removed:
20.5x18x5.75

2 Front and 2 rear arms folded down, left and right arms extended, gear retracted, props off, camera removed:
20.5x11x10.75
add about .5" to 10.75 height above with the camera installed.

Thanks, but I don't plan to reuse the Typhoon H foam insert in my Pelican 1610. The Pelican 1610 has its own foam that can be molded to hold the H copter, ST 1600, battery charger, propellers, and other accessories.

I purchased mine at B&H Photo for $199.99 Free 3-day expedited shipping

Does anyone know whether the Yuneec H hard backpack fits the requirements for airline carry on luggage
I was able to get through security (barely) then got to plane and it will not fit older 737 -- it would fit a 787 and perhaps other planes-- but most definitely not older planes - it was a hassle -- I am looking at other options

Pelican 1610 with pick n pluck foam.
I just purchased a Pelican 1610. Did you remove the piece of solid (not pick and pluck) foam on the bottom layer of the pick and pluck foam to get it to fit? It looks to me that unless you remove it that the H is too tall for the case.

The bottom layer of foam is a solid piece, not pick and pluck, so I had to cut out the shape of the landing gear so that they're resting on the bottom of the case. The top layer within the lid will fit snugly on top of the H afterward, unless you'd like to shave off half an inch or so where it contacts the H.

Reactions: DroneDude
I tested out a mid-size skyway hardshell luggage from Kohls...if I put in some additional foam inserts for extra batteries or antenna, it would fit very nicely.

Attachments

• 20160604_172510.jpg
    20160604_172510.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 131
  • 20160604_172535.jpg
    20160604_172535.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 111
If you're going to Costa Rica I'd suggest getting a Q500 4K case and re-purposing it like the guy in this video. I found a couple on eBay for around $120-200 depending on the seller and the style (original or updated one with a "trolley" handle and wheels).

I just did this myself.. Microcenter has these cases for $39.99, modified the factory foam shell, and now I have a perfect fitting hard case :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal