Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Alternate Backpack for Typhoon H?

Hmm... seems to be out of stock on the Webstore... I picked mine up from a Chicago location which still shows 7 in stock... might be instore only at this point now...

The bottom layer of foam is a solid piece, not pick and pluck, so I had to cut out the shape of the landing gear so that they're resting on the bottom of the case. The top layer within the lid will fit snugly on top of the H afterward, unless you'd like to shave off half an inch or so where it contacts the H.
Thanks. That is what I thought. I just finished my pick and pluck. I did have to shave off about an inch of the egg crate foam inside the top lid. It is snug but it closes fine now.

Thanks. That is what I thought. I just finished my pick and pluck. I did have to shave off about an inch of the egg crate foam inside the top lid. It is snug but it closes fine now.
Shaving off the peaks of the egg crate layer is exactly what I did.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg I found a SOG spacebag on Amazon. Made by sandpiper of California dimensions 22 x 15.5 x 8. I didn't think it would work until I noticed there was a way to expand expand the backpack in the back it looks like about 4 inches. I'll try to upload some pictures to share .I purchased it at Amazon

I purchased this one and should be getting it in the mail tomorrow for my upcoming trip !!!!

View attachment 873 View attachment 874 View attachment 875 I found a SOG spacebag on Amazon. Made by sandpiper of California dimensions 22 x 15.5 x 8. I didn't think it would work until I noticed there was a way to expand expand the backpack in the back it looks like about 4 inches. I'll try to upload some pictures to share .I purchased it at Amazon
Thanks.
Looks the goods.
Very nice find.
Please let us know about the top foam piece.

Thanks.
Looks the goods.
Very nice find.
Please let us know about the top foam piece.

The foam does not fit as is... I think it will ... if work on the foam a little.. I have been using it with out th foam top.. And plan todo so until the Yuneec soft bag comes later in the month..

Reactions: Haydn
But you didn't modify the base part of the foam?
Just the lid that you are not using? And may require some, tweaking?

I have not modified the foam in anyway top or bottom. I don't believe that the top phone is required with this backpack. This backpack does a very good job . But I would not put anything on top of it while the drone is inside .. Once again I plan to purchase the new soft case by unique that will be shipping this month.estimated cost is 189

Reactions: VortexRing
The foam does not fit as is... I think it will ... if work on the foam a little.. I have been using it with out th foam top.. And plan todo so until the Yuneec soft bag comes later in the month..

That's what I thought. In order to use the top foam cover, you would need a backpack with at least 13.5 inches depth. Still a very good find. Thanks

Last edited:
any other cases for the H? Going to Costa Rica need a case? ahhhhhhhh trying not to spend 350 dollars......ugh....
I ordered a pelican im2750 case. wheels and locking. I believe the back foam that the H comes in will fit in the box pretty snug. Might have to shim. Not sure as the case has not yet arrived. Good luck. Costa rica I am envious

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal