Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Altitude not holding

Reaction score
Anyone else do a hover test? I did 3 today testing battery time. The H would continue to drop lower slowly. I had to gain altitude several times during the hover. Then i noticed that the altitude on my st16 display was saying higher than the H was. I was flying around 5 feet or so and it was saying i was over 20 feet....then each time it would drop and i would climb i look at the altitude and it was reading even higher all while i was staying at 5 or so ft. By the time i got done with my hover test...about 19 mins the altitude was reading 70 ft. So the altitude kept climbing slowly and the h was decending to keep the altitude at the 5 or so feet it thoughy it was at...really weird. Anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Did you had some bad weather coming? That's usually when the air pressure drops thus the TH would slowly decent

Reactions: Hun il Lee
Its possible...however the altitude on the display was increasing. Shouldn't it use gps satellites for altitude?

Its possible...however the altitude on the display was increasing. Shouldn't it use gps satellites for altitude?

Using GPS for altitude calculation is not particularly accurate and can vary well over 30' or even 90' in some situations. The altimeter is still the standard measuring device in aircraft. I suspect it is possible for the internal temp of the H to climb while hovering especially if the H was in a cooler location prior to launch. Temp affects the barometer or altimeter even though the H has a temp sensor to help compensate.
You might want to try the test again late in the day when the sun is low and see if you get the same readings. Just remember this is not a precision instrument.

Reactions: Chewman
The exact same thing happened to me. I had to send it back in for a warranty repair. They replaced the GPS circuit board and that fixed it.

James

Anyone else do a hover test? I did 3 today testing battery time. The H would continue to drop lower slowly. I had to gain altitude several times during the hover. Then i noticed that the altitude on my st16 display was saying higher than the H was. I was flying around 5 feet or so and it was saying i was over 20 feet....then each time it would drop and i would climb i look at the altitude and it was reading even higher all while i was staying at 5 or so ft. By the time i got done with my hover test...about 19 mins the altitude was reading 70 ft. So the altitude kept climbing slowly and the h was decending to keep the altitude at the 5 or so feet it thoughy it was at...really weird. Anyone else have this problem?

Unlike dji p4 or Typhoon H with Intel RealSensed version theirs bottom body it have a sonar sensor that to maintain the height

Sounds normal to me depending on your environment. Once you install the IPS (attached to the realsense) this will no longer be an issue because the distance between near objects below the Typhoon are monitored via sonar and camera to keep the Typhoon in place.

So why did the altitude readout on the st16 keep climbing? The heat maybe

Bill W.

My H slowly comes down if I'm below 10'. I tested it landing gear down of course and it practically landed, display height on ST-16 was negative 9'. It seems to hold fine above 10'.

When I hover at 6-10 ft, I get no drop or irregular readings on my heights, Have you calibrated the accelerometer and compass to see if that helps?

Last edited:
So why did the altitude readout on the st16 keep climbing? The heat maybe

The altitude readout on my Pro is generally zeroed as the bird boots up, but later the readout may vary or change, apparently due to the internal sensor, so I don't pay too much attention to the reading. My IPS will usually indicate the height below 10 to 20', accurately, on a red semi-circular track that appears/disappears on the screen.

The altitude readout on my Pro is generally zeroed as the bird boots up, but later the readout may vary or change, apparently due to the internal sensor, so I don't pay too much attention to the reading. My IPS will usually indicate the height below 10 to 20', accurately, on a red semi-circular track that appears/disappears on the screen.
Do you have realsense? Or just the ips? Will the ips work without realsense?
Im planning to do some work with my H. I need to be able to hold altitude better than it does.

Bill W.

Do you have realsense? Or just the ips? Will the ips work without realsense?
Im planning to do some work with my H. I need to be able to hold altitude better than it does.

Bill W.
The IPS is part of the RealSense module on the Pro H.

The IPS is part of the RealSense module on the Pro H.
Ok. Captiandrone was showing that yuneec has the ips as a seperating part. I also saw it for sale in uk for 69lbs. But it wont work without the realsense i guess.

Bill W.

Hmm, interesting. Maybe they will offer it "stand-alone".
What's going on in H town? Rain?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval