Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Altitude sea level firmware upgrade

Altitude Upgrade

• Firmware upgrade

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Sea level altitude

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Good Morning. I was in Cusco, Peru and it turns out that I could not use my drone breeze 4k due to the height restriction above sea level of 2500 meters. I did not know that and it does not come in the manual. I want to know if there is any firmware update that allows me to fly my drone above 2500 meters above sea level and if so, what is the new limit.

I hope you can help me, because I will travel to Singapore where there is no problem because it is 54 meters above sea level, but then I will travel to Bali where it is 3100 meters above sea level and I will not be able to use it.

Waiting for your prompt response.

Best regards

I have never heard of any for the Breeze. I know the Q500 has different firmware but thats not going to help you out. Best bet is to talk to Yuneec and see if they have something they don't show on their site.

You will have to contact Yuneec, but I doubt seriously they have anything that allows flight at those altitudes. As Augustine said there is a special firmware for the Q500 for flight at 8000 feet and above, but flight times are severely reduced and I believe the warranty is waived with use of the special firmware.

Most multirotor consumer grade machines have this restriction of flight above 8000 feet due to extra lift needed to sustain flight.

RTH in Salton Sea, California must be wild. The area is 200 feet below sea level. The Breeze will shut off in mid air thinking it's home on ground level :eek:
Taking off can be more wild, it may flip upside down to fly up :pSaltonSea.jpg

No, it just needs a firmware change to deal with the heavier atmosphere ;):D:rolleyes:

Yuneec should be able to offer a firmware solution. That is very limiting for a craft. The Mavic Air max height is 5000 meters (3.1 mile) above sea level.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy