Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Amazon Air Deliveries Suspended?

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score

Typical corporate America move. One day you have a job, the next you are in the unemployment line - thank you very much!

Reactions: Chris Koch
I had to chuckle that they are going to start delivery in Lockeford, Ca. about 20 miles from me. There are about 900 people in the area. 🤣

I had to chuckle that they are going to start delivery in Lockeford, Ca. about 20 miles from me. There are about 900 people in the area. 🤣
My take on why it would be chosen:

Low population density = lower chance of a casualty

Plus they would only have to dole out 900 free Amazon Prime Air memberships so it would be used.

Apparently still doing it, Steve, maybe not so good, according to this TX TV station. BTW, Walmart uses drone contractors to make their deliveries. KBTX (Bryan, TX)

More: Info

Last edited:
My take on why it would be chosen:

Low population density = lower chance of a casualty

Plus they would only have to dole out 900 free Amazon Prime Air memberships so it would be used.
Yep. Mostly farm community. Very few residential homes. Doesn't say much for their confidence that this could happen in urban areas.

Yep. Mostly farm community. Very few residential homes. Doesn't say much for their confidence that this could happen in urban areas.
It might be more about the FAA and other government regulators confidence than Amazon's... I mean I don't trust Amazon at all, but it may not have been their choice. I know in Australia, several companies were flat out told "no", and the 2 that have been approved are highly restricted in where they operate - both in fairly low density areas.

A 90 lb drone falling out of the sky is a real life hazard.
I still can't believe this program was ever approved by the FAA (or the DAA), or anyone else with an ounce of sense. Delivering packages by drone BVLOS? What could possibly go wrong? 🤔

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop