Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

And another blow to Yuneec

I'm thinking, I don't know, but we're comparing a $1000 vision system with helmets that will be worth at least 10 times as much. These combat helicopter pilot helmets will not have a luminosity sensor and will automatically adapt the luminosity to always have a correct image of the environment and the OSD?
Fully correct, there is no comparison, the Israeli compnay that makes our HUD system for military helmets and sighting systems makes superior products well exceeding simple eye HUD glasses. Multiple features, sensors and performance are the best technology can provide.

The cost of a modern HUD helmet is easily above $100k, and the newer models are above $300k.

Other than the rudimentary similarity of the HUD system, there is no comparison. Their own subdivision has started making bicycle fully wireless multi-bike sensor HUD Sunglasses for display of GPS & Human performance matrices for Racing and that HUD display is an small example of their capabilities.

On the above in comparison to military HUD's. The Israeli company that makes our HUD systems created a new company for Cyclist HUD, named Everysight. It was Poo-Poo'ed by Garmin and several established Biometric hardware companies. They continued to hammer away for 2-3 years while they worked through various designs developing the system. That takes Major funds and has to have a strong prospectus that shows a acceptable profit for Parent company to Invest funds, Engineers, buildings, etc.

Jump forward 2018-2019, they have received multiple awards and awarded the certificates to be used in the UCI racing and International Tour Races... including the Tour De France.

The EverSight Raptor is a pair of hi-tech packed Sunglasses that have jumped so far ahead of established competition in it's first year release. It does show the ability to overtake a "market leader" with a unique widget that provides tangible worth & usage. Along that same line... Apple overtook Motorola by offering a unique product in a similar fashion when it introduced the iPhone.

This is a sampling what hi-tech HUD can provide, and improve on.
If interested, watch the video... the video shows the performance biometric layer. The Raptor contains the performance matrices, streaming RF video, on board camera & video, audio, BT, ANT+, GPS, on-screen Map and active Turn-by-Turn Routing, and more. For those not into Biometrics; the ANT+ is a short range transmission protocol standard to connect to multiple types of sensors on body & bike.

For Flight Controllers, if Epson or competitor would apply this type of technology, clarity and performance in a small package... that would be impressive.

BTW, I used one of the BETA generations; I'm on the early approved purchase list, just haven't justified pulling the trigger to purchase.

Little Informal Comparison to Other Bike HUDs before the Raptors were fully released.

Last edited:
Reactions: arruntus
All these systems I have looked at in the last few days and none of them would be valid for what we are looking at. A system that is able to show the data of the drone or simply an HDMI image and allows us to have direct vision. At least in a simple way.

The Moverio bt-35e seems to be the only system, I haven't been able to find another one that allows me to do it. And it turns out that with the adaptation it has undergone to comply with much stricter safety standards, it has gone up in price. Years ago, some monocular viewers came out that could be said to be valid as well, like the one you mentioned, but they have been left behind. It's about selling the whole system.

Really looking, I don't know whether to look for augmented reality glasses, 3D glasses or what kind of glasses allow you a projected image and at the same time be able to see through them. I say this to be able to look for a more affordable and valid option for what concerns us :confused:

In case anyone knows one and wants to share it with us, it would be fine :)

Reactions: Dougcjohn
There is another solution: the Vufine
It returns the image of the radio (Hdmi) and not too expensive about $ 200.
I think to buy one because it allows to see the image of the camera and at the same time to follow the device.

All these systems I have looked at in the last few days and none of them would be valid for what we are looking at. A system that is able to show the data of the drone or simply an HDMI image and allows us to have direct vision. At least in a simple way.

The Moverio bt-35e seems to be the only system, I haven't been able to find another one that allows me to do it. And it turns out that with the adaptation it has undergone to comply with much stricter safety standards, it has gone up in price. Years ago, some monocular viewers came out that could be said to be valid as well, like the one you mentioned, but they have been left behind. It's about selling the whole system.

Really looking, I don't know whether to look for augmented reality glasses, 3D glasses or what kind of glasses allow you a projected image and at the same time be able to see through them. I say this to be able to look for a more affordable and valid option for what concerns us :confused:

In case anyone knows one and wants to share it with us, it would be fine :)
I'd need to re-look, at least in USA I'm not aware the BT35e has changed, or increased safety requirements. I'm a bit lost on your BT35e not meeting the design you've described. As a HDMI overlay device, that's basically all it does is project the aircraft's FPV image on the lens allowing Operator to see both and look through the FPV image.

I'd agree, the Epson units are extremely pricey for what they offer.

The other alternative options you mention I don't think are translucent allowing you to look through the lens.

I think to buy one because it allows to see the image of the camera and at the same time to follow the device.

Per the video.... it's actually not a bad small package, looks like it has adjustability in the lens piece too.
Not sure how nice image is, they mention 720p... will need to examine that one.

You're ahead of me, I just logged in to put the link to the same product ?

Vufine+ Wearable Display

Yes and 720p is the video output of the ST16s and also of the Dji Inspire radio.
On the ST16s it will take an adapter HDMI / Mini HDMI and on the Inspire it connects directly.
(Or have a big HDMI cable (ST16s output) to the lunette (mini HDMI)

Arruntus .... 16300

See my new post in the help section ...........16301

I found this video about the product, ... you better see it.

Note: This device does not allow you to see through the image.

Maybe but we do not have to stall the screen right in front of the eye.
We can put the ecan down the telescope and thus clear the top view. Just lower your eyes to see the screen.
This should only be used to check a frame.

I found this video about the product, ... you better see it.

Note: This device does not allow you to see through the image.
Although this guy is a real jerk!, I agree with his assessment of the Vufine. I got a one a couple years ago when introduced to the market. Difficult to keep aligned on the eye and hard to see in bright sunlight.

As far as why he is a jerk? 2 or 3 years ago he posted a video flying his phantom at about 1000'agl, over 1 mile from him and within sight of the Birmingham, AL international airport. I asked him why he was so careless and he replied "Because it is FUN!".

If anyone is interested in trying the Vufine out, let me know.

Although this guy is a real jerk!, I agree with his assessment of the Vufine. I got a one a couple years ago when introduced to the market. Difficult to keep aligned on the eye and hard to see in bright sunlight.

As far as why he is a jerk? 2 or 3 years ago he posted a video flying his phantom at about 1000'agl, over 1 mile from him and within sight of the Birmingham, AL international airport. I asked him why he was so careless and he replied "Because it is FUN!".

Flying like a jerk, and he also posted a video of him flexing of his being a Part 107 lic. holder to a woman that politely told him no to fly in private grounds.

"Because it is FUN!"

You don't have to say any more, I totally agree. This kind of characters are the ones that make things more and more difficult for us :mad:

When I have seen the video, apart from the nonsense it does, I think the arguments it has given are valid. A pity because a device of this type is very useful but this one does not meet the needs that I think we have.

So it's kind of like sighting a shot gun, both eyes open? I would think it becomes muscle memory with enough use.

As for the "jerk". I find him hit and miss with decent advice in a lot of his vids. But the one where they were flying a bridge while launching from a local distillery property was so far out of line it kinda blew my mind. He was asked to not fly from private property. He continued to dick around flying casually then argued with the representatives of the distillery after landing. Claims he got permission from a lady at the gift store counter.

C'mon man....really? Gift store counter lady permission for flying at a distillery? He should have known better. Made us ALL look bad with that sneaky little move. Throwing the gift store lady under the bus wasn't very nice either. Guessing there were more than a few words to her from mngmt about appropriate levels of authority.

Last edited:
Before, flying a Yuneec product. I had a chance to travel to Nashville. And did a small job here in there. I saw that we took shot of the Marriott, and since Nashville is pretty small, I thought that I would meet him, but it turned out that the majority of drone operators are not from Nashville, and the site inspector from Nashville has not even heard of him.

On my second time around, I brought a Yuneec, and I made sure that my H+ would be seen flying in downtown Nashville, even though it only flew within a small space, but it was the only drone flying for Young Development on that particular missions, flew high enough to prove a point of what a real Part 107 pilot can do, with proper credentials.

I find his vblogs hilarious, but when he posted videos that he disrespects others is below the belt.

The truth is that when I published the link to the video I didn't think I was going to be the author of it, so controversial. He was one of the few I found doing a review of the glasses in question.

After seeing that video, I just don't like his forms anymore, but after seeing the video of the distillery that you have also commented on it is definitely a person who is too smart.... He is not kicked flying over private property, but for doing so while on private property, something that is totally different. In Europe there is no such resolution of 80 feet as airspace "assignable to the owner", from millimeter 1 is airspace controlled by the official agency. But the ceiling is 400 feet and not 500 as it says. 500 feet is the floor of manned aircraft, in that he is also confused. Precisely those 100 feet of difference were left as a safety zone to prevent incidents. To be a professional pilot he should know.

They tell you not to do it, it will bother you but they are in their right. You leave the property, fly above 80 feet and below 400 feet and solved, there is no need to argue with anyone.

A few months ago, flying over government-owned property, I certainly never set one foot on the property, from public land takeoff, flew over that property and landed on public land again. Well, the private security agents told me that I couldn't do it, I kindly told him that it wasn't so. He threatened to call the police and I told him to do it if he thought it was necessary, at all times I did not interrupt the flight. He made phone calls to his boss, I could hear him talking and after landing I went to talk to him. At all times from public land.

Once the drone landed and disarmed, I was able to talk calmly with the private security agent and explain to him how the regulations are, in a calm and polite way. He was really trying to do his job well, although out of ignorance he tried to make the flight stop. After explaining to him the rules and what can and cannot be done, he was happy with my explanations. I could have gone without giving explanations but I think that educating people who can cause us problems is beneficial for all of us. It's necesary to assert your rights but it's not worth arguing unnecessarily or leaving someone angry unnecessarily. I don't know, it's how I think it should be :)

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Everyone is formation once again.
IMG_1286.jpg

Reports are it is another "action cam" with underwater capabilities. Not a new drone. DJI is working hard to be the Millennial camera of choice over their phone cameras. Reports are that consumer drone sales are down, while commercial oriented sales are up. Hence DJI dropping consumer Phantoms, but keeping the RTK going. The Osmo was a big hit, this is the next generation.

Reports are it is another "action cam" with underwater capabilities. Not a new drone. DJI is working hard to be the Millennial camera of choice over their phone cameras. Reports are that consumer drone sales are down, while commercial oriented sales are up. Hence DJI dropping consumer Phantoms, but keeping the RTK going. The Osmo was a big hit, this is the next generation.

Rumors until the day of the unveiling.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval