Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

And just like that, POOF, it flew into a tree

YUNEEC give us a firmware with wizard tracking/following, but same time to be able to take control with st16! This should be fantastic for adventure guys!

Team mode could be better, indeed.
Up to now that only gives control over camera, but would be great if you can fly the H as team-member as well, in a way that it is also possible to change position/view in follow/watch mode...

Last edited:
Reactions: AeriaL
As the saying goes, "there are two kinds of pilots. Those who have crashed and those who are about to"

Yes, I had one that took me a while to put humpty dumpty back together again but it wasn't as bad as I feared. I just had to order a bunch of parts.

The other I thought might be a total disaster as it gnawed on a tree about 50' above the ground and returned to earth a day later. But.... it resulted in just one single broken prop and a couple of hours of getting pine sap off the H. After @Steve Carr analyzed the telemetry and it showed the GPS just dropped out causing the flyaway though I replaced the GPS module.

Very, very, very few pilots don't have a crash or two in their closets.
Could it be that the radio signal for the plane interfered with the H signals??

Reactions: HJL
Commiserations.

First Law of Drones
If you are in the middle of the Sahara desert, and there is one solitary tree about three miles away . . . . . . . . . .you're going to hit it.

Definition
Tree.. . . .. . . Device used for stopping drones.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
Naw was NOT radio interference.
I had a setting wrong on the Wizard. There is one setting to turn ON Follow me/Watch me. There is another key sequence to turn on altitude following.
Just waiting for the "A" motor arm to get here so I can reassemble it. Going to change how the antennas are routed while I am at it. Never like the one hanging down near the landing strut. I may wire in another power connector so I can HOT SWAP the main flight battery by using a small 4S lipo. I have a few spare EC3 connectors that are small and should work.

Managed to put 2 batteries through it.
Flys like the dream I remember.
Put the camera on it to make that still works.
I get video, can rec ok and take stills.
Just no pan or tilt.
Start stripping down the camera and found the white wire at the top of the slip ring broken. Now I'll see how well I can solder.
20180923_201944.jpg

Going to name it GEORGE, after George of the jungle. Watch out for that Treeeee. Let the fun begin.

Haha ! That's a good movie. But man, You have guts for doing something like that. I also had my H follow me as I ran up hill, but it didn't rise with me. I was using the remote though. Stay tuned for More Experiments To Come series.

I have a 20 foot pole that I am going to attach the wizard to. I am sure I just had the wrong mode set up, but I can test it out on a more safe way. Once I get it figured out, I am going to try it again. This time I will put a camera on the Apprentice facing backwards, should make for some interesting air to air footage.

Reactions: AeriaL
I have a 20 foot pole that I am going to attach the wizard to. I am sure I just had the wrong mode set up, but I can test it out on a more safe way. Once I get it figured out, I am going to try it again. This time I will put a camera on the Apprentice facing backwards, should make for some interesting air to air footage.
Having the cam facing at the tail will make some nice footage. This is my MiniTalon in auto mode and me operating the Typhoon H thru st16
Typhoon H what an awesome machine

Yes,
That is the kind of footage I am hoping to get. Have to put a new receiver into my Ranger, it has a tilt pan gimbal for the camera on front of the nose.

Do you have the gimbal underneath the nose or on the canopy to your Ranger?

Managed to put 2 batteries through it.
Flys like the dream I remember.
Put the camera on it to make that still works.
I get video, can rec ok and take stills.
Just no pan or tilt.
Start stripping down the camera and found the white wire at the top of the slip ring broken. Now I'll see how well I can solder.
View attachment 11566
@BobW55
I thought you possibly had a wire disconnected.
What I did to solder;
first of all DO NOT try to cut or peal back the coax!!! There are only about ½ dozen tinny tiny wires.
Best way is to put solder on the solder gun and at the same time melting the coax the solder should then bind the 2 wires together.
Or melt off the coax then apply solder.
For extra measures put a small piece of electrical wire around the the soldered wires.

@AH-1G
I used a plasma lighter to melt back the wire insulation, dab of solder and some heat shrink, and was good to go. It just had to be the PWM (White) wire. I am just glad it did not break right at the slip ring.

@AeriaL
Mine is mounted on the top of the canopy. I do not have the pod to mount it below the nose. One plane you can get tired of flying. 35 minutes is the best I have gotten out of it. Others have reported hours in duration. I had an OSD in it that was messing up the video feed. going to take it out, and replace it with some sort of auto pilot. Was a retirement gift from the guys in the lab I worked at.
DSCN1590 (2).JPG

Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio