Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

...Ande my gimbal doesn't move

Believe me I can out dumb you!!
I would have already given up with all your concerns. I'm happy you found this forum, the right folks are here.
I'm not sure about that, Peter. In my excitement over the camera button fix I forgot the fact that my freaking gimbal lever doesn't move the gimbal! So I got that problem plus the bad stick. Now I'm doing a cost-benefit-stupidity analysis. I can get a new controller shipped for about $60 - $80 after my stubborn stupidity breaks the controller. But there's also the emotional cost of real dumb. Like just breaking the plastic casing in half by pulling too hard on it. Days of down time and fuming. Probably negelct my kids for a while too. But if I fix it AND save the cash, major testosterone boost... :)

@dronefisher,
The document below is a copy of the attachment for fixing the transistor problem. It's pretty easy to take the shell apart, and a pretty easy solder job. But it is common when putting the shell back together to get various wires trapped between the shell halves and damaged. A little extra caution can save a lot of extra headache. Also be sure to plug the GPS back in before installing all those screws. That one is also a common error, and is the source of a great deal of cuss words when you realize you forgot it.
W -- Do you know of a video or diagram for taking the controller apart?

YES!!! You are the man. Pulled button out, re-attached and we now have a functioning camera button. Here's hoping that the gimball slider problem is something easily resolved too. At least now I know I only have one problem on this controller (a sticky stick) and not multiples as I thought just yesterday. Thanks, W!
Yuneec should be paying him a salary for supporting their customers.

Period.

Hey someone agrees with you! you got a thumbs-up agreeing with you on my obtuse inability but, I already sent 2 pms today asking and then figuring it out before they had to answer me.
I have complete confidence you will do this. I know you have tried this but just in case , is the craft still capable of flying without the camera?

Reactions: dronefisher
Thanks, W. This actually seems doable, even for an idiot like me. Are you able to test it before you reassemble the st10? On a 1 - 10 idiot scale, how difficult would you rank unpacking the ST10, removing the motherboard and reassembling it w/out breaking the controller?
OK. A little confused here. The tilt transistor is not on the controller. It is on the mainboard inside the drone. You mentioned a while back the tilt slider looked good in hardware monitor, but a couple posts ago you said "At least now I know I only have one problem on this controller (a sticky stick) and not multiples as I thought just yesterday".
So I'm not really sure what we are talking about at the moment.
If we're still talking about the camera tilt, that's the transistor on the Q500 mainboard.
If we're talking about something else on the controller not working, please explain what is not working.

Reactions: dronefisher
Sorry, I have confused us all. Yes, the hardware monitor on the controller says it's functioning fine. But the gimbal doesn't actually move. I didn't realize the transistor we were discussing was in the drone. Ouch. Probably not gonna touch that one.

The second issue is the drift, which shows up in the hardware monitor on the right controller. That's the pic I attached earlier. But the possible cure for that is taking the stick off and cleaning as you said

So, it sounds like I could have a major problem in the drone and the controller. If they both need repair, I might as well pick up another one. There are so many Q's for sale near me in the $300 - $400 range in excellent condition.

Sorry if I've misinterpreted your excellent counsel again, W. Very much learning. Thanks to you, I took pictures tonight! I was flying from right in the middle of this pic... Drone%20Story%20Ideas.docx.jpeg

Reactions: WTFDproject
It flies and holds altitude perfectly. But it drifts very significantly, which I can see in the hardware monitor. I think W told me to take the stick out and do some cleaning. That involves taking apart the controller. I mistakenly thought the transistor was in the controller too, and thought I could do both at once. But W says the transistor is actually in the drone, and I am way, way too incompetent to even think about attempting that. Guarantee that drone would never fly again. And that really blows.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis