Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Another Battery Test

What flight times are you getting from the 8000mah?

Tested the GiFi 8050 again a short time ago (3rd time). I have a set routine I go through to test batteries, so that as much as possible, the comparisons are fair. (I have no connections to this company and paid full price for the 8050.)

I start at 16.6 to 16.7 at liftoff. Angle mode with GPS Sats on TH and ST16. This TH has RealSense, IP, and camera, OA and cam not switched on (but see later note).
Climb to a 20' hover with legs down, then leave the TH alone. At first warning, always 14.3, I land and check the time elapsed since liftoff.

The GiFi 8050 flew 20 minutes on the nose. Standard batteries and 3rd party batteries, including a GiFi 7000, fly 16 minutes, a little less or more, under the same conditions. Some LIHV batteries I have tested went 20 minutes, but to me they are too much trouble to mess with. My std batteries weigh about 577 grams, this 8050 weighs 646 grams.

Being only the 3rd flight (the first 2 were similar), I expect the performance to be slightly better after 10 flights or more. Also note: a TH without the RealSense module will fly an average of 2 minutes longer, 22 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss