Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Another H520 variant - Skyhopper & Skyhopper LTE

Reaction score
Just got this email in my inbox this morning. Doesnt look to be for normal people like you or me, but large government agencies, or companies;

Link

Yuneec and Mobilicom form Strategic Partnership for the Commercial & Federal Drone Market

H520-Mobilicom-0c11858a.jpg

Yuneec International and Mobilicom have entered into a strategic partnership to offer the Enterprise and Federal market new advanced solutions for their unmanned aerial needs. New drone solutions that are optimal for long-range, non-line-of-sight, beyond-line of sight and urban operations within applications including Security, Public Safety, Disaster Relief, and Naval Operations.

Yuneec International and Mobilicom have entered into a strategic partnership to offer the Enterprise and Federal market new advanced solutions for their unmanned aerial needs. The cooperation focuses on the development of two innovative Commercial and Federal drone solutions, based on Yuneec´s commercially proven hexacopter H520, well-known for its high reliability, safety and precision, and Mobilicom´s innovate SkyHopper and LTE technology. Both sUAS, which will be called H520 SkyHopper and H520 SkyHopper LTE, will incorporate high-end cyber security and encryption, dedicated frequencies and interference-avoidance capabilities, and will be offered as customizable, flexible and scalable end-to-end solutions.
“In listening to the needs of our Commercial & Federal customers within this segment, it was our objective to come up with a solution that would answer their pain points. The partnership with Mobilicom enables us to successfully address these unmet needs and offer them two groundbreaking products”, stated Joe Schamuhn, CEO of Yuneec Europe.
High End Security & Interference Avoidance
The Commercial & Federal drone solutions will provide a highly secure offering that includes High-End validated encryption, Dedicated and ISM Frequency Bands, Software Defined Radio or LTE + Secured Server Data Links and ISM jamming resistance. Both sUAS also mitigate backdoor cyber risks that are of high concern by Federal organizations in leading Western countries.
Flexible End-to-End Solution & Connectivity
Furthermore, the sUAS offer a complete solution with add-ons for teams on land and sea including flexible payloads as well as optional capabilities such as RTK/PPK precision, networking, relay and more.
A Reliable & Cost-Effective Solution
Yuneec’s drone systems have been commercially proven for years and successfully sold in the masses. The joint solutions will prove cost-effective while providing the Commercial & Federal market with the necessary features in order to execute its operations.
Mobilicom’s CEO, Oren Elkayam, commented: “SkyHopper brings a high-end, End-to-End solution for the government, federal and commercial market, embedded into Yuneec’s mass marketed proven commercial drone system. This offering serves as an unmatchable, cost-effective drone solution for the Commercial and Federal market.”
Further details and specifications of the solutions will be announced shortly.

Reactions: Phaedrus
Very interesting. I am here in Isreal and Yuneec is working with the military here to integrate this drone into the market. As far as I know it, H520 with different coms system and the E10 camera. Guess the US is a little behind. No line of site is great, but the battery is still at about 25 minutes of flight time. So you can fly 20 miles and around mountains and buildings still needing to land and change the batteries every 20 minutes. Now that is called military intelligence. Rumour is the E10 is $35,000 just the camera.

interesting, I wonder was that an early version of whats been announced. The camara price might make sense, I suppose existing comms are through the transmitter in the gimbal arm. The the comm link is upgraded then so is the camera. However $35,000 is a lot of money for an otherwise $10k camera.

Interesting times. Heard of another new camera for the H520, plus a new larger drone for the summer. Lets hope it all comes to pass and their implementation of PX4 etc matures well.

interesting, I wonder was that an early version of whats been announced. The camara price might make sense, I suppose existing comms are through the transmitter in the gimbal arm. The the comm link is upgraded then so is the camera. However $35,000 is a lot of money for an otherwise $10k camera.

Interesting times. Heard of another new camera for the H520, plus a new larger drone for the summer. Lets hope it all comes to pass and their implementation of PX4 etc matures well.
It is the E10 with the Flair system with the comm link that is not on wifi connection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis