Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

another question

Good news I was able to get all the pictures, now should I delete them from the controller, theres 188 of them ?

No reason to bother clearing the controller as the folder has limited capacity. As capacity is reached the controller over writes old files with new. The primary purpose if controller images is to provide means to quickly review what you had just shot. It’s not there for post processing or transfer purposes.

As for the card issues, there’s high probability the card might not have been fully seated in the camera. The controller will usually inform you when an SD card is not detected, but if it fails to do so you should suspect you have a defective card. The formatting process could have been interrupted, making the card recognizable to the controller but unable to record, or the wrong format could have been selected.

Obtain a few more high quality cards as back ups. Take your time when doing things to assure you are not introducing problems through haste. Always double check what you have done before going to the field. Part of pre flight is assuring everything functions properly. This includes the camera where a photo and short video can be recorded prior to take off and reviewed to verify function. That also provides the time needed to set up the camera to deal with light conditions prior to getting in the air. Setting up the camera before arming the motors consumes very little battery but doing it with the aircraft aloft consumes considerable battery, reducing your effective flight time.

No reason to bother clearing the controller as the folder has limited capacity. As capacity is reached the controller over writes old files with new. The primary purpose if controller images is to provide means to quickly review what you had just shot. It’s not there for post processing or transfer purposes.

As for the card issues, there’s high probability the card might not have been fully seated in the camera. The controller will usually inform you when an SD card is not detected, but if it fails to do so you should suspect you have a defective card. The formatting process could have been interrupted, making the card recognizable to the controller but unable to record, or the wrong format could have been selected.

Obtain a few more high quality cards as back ups. Take your time when doing things to assure you are not introducing problems through haste. Always double check what you have done before going to the field. Part of pre flight is assuring everything functions properly. This includes the camera where a photo and short video can be recorded prior to take off and reviewed to verify function. That also provides the time needed to set up the camera to deal with light conditions prior to getting in the air. Setting up the camera before arming the motors consumes very little battery but doing it with the aircraft aloft consumes considerable battery, reducing your effective flight time.
Thank you, I see it as part of the learning process

The above information came fast, and not clear on the result. Your original post said "ST16s", which could be interpreted as "ST16S" or "ST16s" (plural of ST16). And you never specified which drone. And you posted in the "General" forum, which did not help. Responses went everywhere.

If you still have a problem, and it is not H Plus, ST16S and C23, please clarify which controller, drone and camera.

IF you happen to be talking about a Typhoon H Plus with a C23 and an ST16S, then:
Is the SD card working properly in the C23? If so, good news, and forget about the rest of this post.
If the SD card is NOT working properly in the C23:
1.) Try another Card.
2.) Or try formatting the card in the C23. If needed, use the pics below or refer to Attachment 24 (Format SD in C23) in Way To Fix Drones project.

Attachments

• Format in Camera.pdf
    564.2 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: DoomMeister
The above information came fast, and not clear on the result. Your original post said "ST16s", which could be interpreted as "ST16S" or "ST16s" (plural of ST16). And you never specified which drone. And you posted in the "General" forum, which did not help. Responses went everywhere.

If you still have a problem, and it is not H Plus, ST16S and C23, please clarify which controller, drone and camera.

IF you happen to be talking about a Typhoon H Plus with a C23 and an ST16S, then:
Is the SD card working properly in the C23? If so, good news, and forget about the rest of this post.
If the SD card is NOT working properly in the C23:
1.) Try another Card.
2.) Or try formatting the card in the C23. Use these pics if needed:
Thank you, will do it that way for now on. as l was doing it on my computer ?

Formatting in a computer usually works for everything but there are times where formatting in the device used ends up working better. Cameras often work out that way. You are also dealing with a system noted to be finicky about SD cards.

Just do the format what works for you, we all have different methods of getting to the same place, trail and error as they say.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Two more situations learned by me the geezer noob. I asked a question about sd cards and I forgot which one of the mega pros on here gave me the info. My cgo3 would not connect to the camera. I ordered the cards recommended from the advice. Problem solved. I don't know the name of the place but it's on this forum. The cards are by netac and very reasonably priced. Oh yeah___once again um. from dumbo here, don't forget to always put the landing gear down before you land.[emoji31]

Moderator note:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Old aviation adage: there are those who will and those that haven’t yet... just add the appropriate action.

True. I literally grew up on a tiny airport in n.h. and the old aviation adages can be wise.

Just do the format what works for you, we all have different methods of getting to the same place, trail and error as they say.
What should l use, exFAT, or NTFS (delault) I read that exFat is comonly used, and is for large files ?

What should l use, exFAT, or NTFS (delault) I read that exFat is comonly used, and is for large files ?
Do NOT use NTFS. It is only for Windows.

It is best to format in the ST-16 or camera using FAT32 or eXFAT.

Reactions: Mrgs1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz