Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Antenna Mod Assitance?

Can you post the CarolinDronz links that you used to purchase the kits? Also maybe the YouTube video links? Please and Thank you.
I just received the antenna mod kits from Carlos (also sold through Carolina Dronz) and did both the upgrades yesterday (ST16 and the YTH). Everything I needed (including new cables) was in the kit. I now have the ST16 with three external antenna fittings attached to the Itelite DBS and my YTH has the two external antenna fitted just behind the landing gear. Both of these upgrades were pretty straight forward to do with the YouTube assistance of Richard Gilmore (ST16 upgrade) and Bo Lorentzen (YTH upgrade).

Hope this info may help you out.

Like you, I have no wish to fly a long way, but wanted to ensure that I can have as much confidence as possible in my RC connections at all times.

Hello members,
I also just did the mods and love the look with the reassurance of its signal strength! I used TERRESTRIAL IMAGING as my supplier. Chris and terrestrial imaging where amazing to deal with. I used the Richard Gilmore/terrestrial imaging YouTube videos. I recommend taking several pictures as you dismantle your H&ST16. You will be glad to fall back on these photos when putting your H480 back together. Good luck and don’t be scarred” go get it”

View media item 701View media item 700View media item 698

Last edited:
Can you post the CarolinDronz links that you used to purchase the kits? Also maybe the YouTube video links? Please and Thank you.

Sure thing.
Yuneec External Antenna Kit for Typhoon H, & Pro Upgrade Kit

ITELITE DBS Upgrade for Yuneec Typhoon H, Tornado H920L, ST16, ST24 Radio

OR

4HAWKS Raptor SR Range Extender for Yuneec Typhoon H, H920L, H920Plus

Youtube -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrzbhNGeFJLsRDzhEN0fCfA/videos
The link above is for Richard's channel. Just look through the videos he has as there is a lot to do with the YTH.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: WelcomePilotEric
I just received the antenna mod kits from Carlos (also sold through Carolina Dronz) and did both the upgrades yesterday (ST16 and the YTH). Everything I needed (including new cables) was in the kit. I now have the ST16 with three external antenna fittings attached to the Itelite DBS and my YTH has the two external antenna fitted just behind the landing gear. Both of these upgrades were pretty straight forward to do with the YouTube assistance of Richard Gilmore (ST16 upgrade) and Bo Lorentzen (YTH upgrade).

Hope this info may help you out.

Like you, I have no wish to fly a long way, but wanted to ensure that I can have as much confidence as possible in my RC connections at all times.

I agree here. The kits work well. I ended up putting the second hole for the extra 5G antenna out the back of the ST. It can’t hurt to get that internal antenna out like the pro regardless of 480 mod but it’s useless to mod 480 without ST mod. I did it for better video and flight control and now have modded two with itelite amplified antenna (smaller one on my pack in set up and big one on my RS full case set up) and a third rig that’s the “pro” set up with two 5G antenna, the 2G patch, and the tubes by the gear that extend the internal wires out more. I still have my original 480 set up stock for training.

The trickiest part is making sure the micro coaxial connector is seated on the receiver card in the ST and doesn’t pop off during reassembling.

I am not at all an electrotechnician, but I thought the mushroom (later the flat one) to be the 5g antenna (camera and redundancy) and the whip antennae to be 2.4 (telemetry and flight control).

:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt