Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Antenna

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking for the best upgrade to give me more range for video and control, what has worked well for all of you

Give the "search" function (magnifying glass towards the top right of your screen) a try and you'll find heaps of info already on this topic. A lot of it comes down to personal preference (cost, storage requirements, ease of set up, etc).

If I take a piece of copper shape into a dome, place it around the mushroom antenna would I be able to capture more waves back from the H? 4" or more Dia? The mushroom is for the camera correct?

Hi I'm looking for the best upgrade to give me more range for video and control, what has worked well for all of you
Hi Drew, I have used an Itelite dbs for over a year now and it works great and safe. Think about that you have to point it more direct to the H than with your std antenna.
dbs.jpg

Thank you all for the info, sorry to start a new thread on something that is probably already on here, new to typhoon and to the forum

Reactions: Steve Carr
Thank you all for the info, sorry to start a new thread on something that is probably already on here, new to typhoon and to the forum

What kills me is we wouldn’t need to put a upgrade on it if they just would have put some decent antennas on the bottom of the H. They should’ve used spectrum rc tech in that department. I have used their tx and rx for years. Not one issue with glitches, range or performance. I’m gonna do the hour installation of the 2 antennas on the h first. Some have have great success with range without the need of a 4hawks. I understand that this method isn’t for all.

What kills me is we wouldn’t need to put a upgrade on it if they just would have put some decent antennas on the bottom of the H. They should’ve used spectrum rc tech in that department. I have used their tx and rx for years. Not one issue with glitches, range or performance. I’m gonna do the hour installation of the 2 antennas on the h first. Some have have great success with range without the need of a 4hawks. I understand that this method isn’t for all.
Rae, is it complicated / expensive to upgrade with antennas at the botton as you mention?

You can get the set for cheaper than the 4hawks. There running 80 bucks now and 4hawks are 109 on amazon. I know it’s complicated for some. I build quads and random electronics for fun. That’s why I said it’s not for all.

Sorry I was wrong. Even cheaper.
7d695239adfef97262e953b77983607f.jpg

That external antenna upgrade kills me.
If you were to pull the antennas apart, you would find a wire inside, just like what is already on your H480.
All it does is add some weight.
I does put the antennas at a better vantage point for radiating and receiving better, but the antennas them selves are not of a higher gain design than what is already on the aircraft.

Antenna on the bottom is what you will find inside the external ones, the top antenna is a true 6dBi gain antenna for 2.4Ghz.
I found just cracking the shell and extending the existing antennas out a bit further worked just as well.

Reactions: Steve Carr
i have two Typhoon H Advanced 480. Flying in all conditions. Keep things simple. It is natural for us to push limits technological. Common Sense if its not broken leave it alone. 500 hrs in the air between both platforms.
Yuneec made them basic, in my opinion buy what you need even if more expensive. Adds on are fraught with anonamalies.

Attachments

• 20170111_222305.jpg
    20170111_222305.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surmount13