Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anxiously Awaiting the New 520 and Cgo Pro Camera!!!

Good search.

And yeh, exactly as mentioned in another thread in this forum on friday 16th (EOI for the H520 Down Under.).

Although a pretty good camera by specs I do not know if 'happy' is the right word for the Yuneec camera which seems quite the same but will cost double the price as the Zenmuse X4S.

cheers!

If you wanted to upgrade an X4S, you'd also have to upgrade your Inspire to an Inspire 2 as they're not backwards compatible. I'd say that makes it quite expensive?

Reactions: PatR
If you wanted to upgrade an X4S, you'd also have to upgrade your Inspire to an Inspire 2 as they're not backwards compatible. I'd say that makes it quite expensive?

I do not have the slightest idea because I have no knowledge whatsoever on DJI products. A few members of this forum and I just Googled about and found those camera prices, specs etcetera.

I fly a Yuneec Typhoon H..... and I am happy with it.

Good search.

And yeh, exactly as mentioned in another thread in this forum on friday 16th (EOI for the H520 Down Under.).

Although a pretty good camera by specs I do not know if 'happy' is the right word for the Yuneec camera which seems quite the same but will cost double the price as the Zenmuse X4S.

cheers!

But you forgot to mention that the bird that the X4s flies on most likely will cost double the cost of the H520. Hahah..

But you forgot to mention that the bird that the X4s flies on most likely will cost double the cost of the H520. Hahah..

It looks to me that has nothing to do with the price of a camera.
Or is DJI a (more) filantropic institution then Yuneec....?

It looks to me that has nothing to do with the price of a camera.
Or is DJI a (more) filantropic institution then Yuneec....?

I think it has more to do with the fact that most ( and I emphasize) MOST want the best camera that is available on their platform. The X5s is an awesome camera. I think they had to price the X4S accordingly to make them appetizing to those that don't necessarily want/need the X5s. But I would love to fly that camera on any product that doesn't have DJI on it.

How can you not take into account the cost of the bird when comparing cameras?

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
From the perspective of a photographer/videographer coming into the world of RC...
the bird is just a big fluid head tripod, with some props attached...;)

Last edited:
Since DJI cameras cannot be used on non DJI equipment, the cost of the means to employ one certainly has to be factored into the equation.

Different makers have different prices, that's just the way it is. If people go by spec sheets and individual component price comparisons alone the Inspire cameras look pretty attractive. However, they might be over looking the cost of necessary auxiliary equipment and things like GEO policies that significantly impact their future operating experience.

Each has to decide what they want/need to do and how they want to do it, making product decisions that incorporate those decisions. Choose the product that best suits the users mission requirements. If looking for the least expensive camera rig for amateur use, neither the 520 or the Inspire will satisfy that requirement, regardless of camera selection. Those that desire to play in a higher end market need to accept a higher price of admission will have to be paid to do so.

Making the decision process a little tougher is that DJI will likely cut the price of a basic I2 and P4 significantly the moment the 520 is released. They have been consistent in this practice when the Solo, H, and Autel aircraft were released.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ace
Since DJI cameras cannot be used on non DJI equipment, the cost of the means to employ one certainly has to be factored into the equation.

Seems to me that for Yuneec it is the same. Nevertheless is the Yuneec cam double the price of the Zen.

Seems to me that for Yuneec it is the same. Nevertheless is the Yuneec cam double the price of the Zen.

I think a lot of that comes from different choices for the technology.

Yuneec have a 360 degree continuous rotation gimbal, with the video recording and transmission all happening 'in' the camera.

The Inspire gimbal only rotates 320 degrees, with the video recording and transmission all happening in the drone.

The end result is that Yuneec has a camera system that can be completely upgraded and has 360 degree rotation - but costs more. DJI has a more limited gimbal and upgrades tend to mean an entire new drone - but their cameras by themselves cost less. When the full systems are available from Yuneec you'll be able to compare the technical specs and complete system prices and decide which you want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio