Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Any Ideas ?

Reaction score
I took my H to the desert on a short family trip, while I was there we decided to go on a 4 wheeler ride. Well, having the pride of owning a H i strapped the drone and backpack onto my machine and off we went. Me being 18 and the need for speed I ran those trails really hard. Burning out, powersides, drifting every corner I came across, etc. We finally got the a spot we like to call Secret Pass ( I'm making a video and will post ) it wasn't until the last flight there that I noticed the left landing gear moved when I landed. I looked at it right after but it looked and felt just fine. I made about 2 other flights while we were there before we headed back home.

Ok, real estate broker call me up a few days later and asks me to make them another video of a lot in a nearby town. I get there and start doing what I do. make about 5 landings, gear up gear down, gear up gear down. landing 6 or 7 only one arm comes down. I was a little shocked, not knowing what to do. So I set the gear back up and down again, still only one arm want to work. I decided to hand catch it and get a close look without getting a haircut. the right arm had freeplay in it, I thought that it's just not locking. Even after restarting the drone it didn't fix the problem. I went flying today and it still doing it.

IMG_20190104_110253.jpgIMG_20190104_110257.jpgIMG_20190104_110249.jpg

Any who, The video of the lot turned out pretty well. If anyone has a good artist for music, please let me know, I'm really coming to blank for good background music.

It looks like you've got a bad Landing Gear Motor Assy.
Part Number: YUNTYH109. Costs around $30-40. If you are so inclined, there are videos on YouTube showing how to disassemble the motor assy to actually see what's wrong. There are also YouTube videos showing how to remove and replace the motor. Not too difficult, just 2 torx screws. If its the H Pro there will also be an antenna tube which comes off. The only other screw hold the motor assy to the carbon fiber leg.

Even though the H was in a backpack, it sounds like it may have been knocked around a bit. Vibration and impacts may have damaged one of the motors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. I
Try adding a little pressure on 5ge non working landing gear while activating gear. And see if that helps it get back in sync. You can do it with it upside down. That's how I got mine working again.

If anyone has a good artist for music, please let me know, I'm really coming to blank for good background music.
Of course you can't use any commercially released music because YT will immediately notice and copyright strike you - 3 of those and your account gets closed.
So you have to find artists that don't mind you using their stuff, like over at http://freemusicarchive.org. You have to spend a fair while looking but there is good stuff there...

Try adding a little pressure on 5ge non working landing gear while activating gear. And see if that helps it get back in sync. You can do it with it upside down. That's how I got mine working again.
How to activate the landing gear upside down ?

With the switch as normal ! The landing gear will only work if the craft is upside down when its not in flight.
I didn't know that. Thanks AreoJ and @Shadowolf !

Reactions: AeroJ
Probably want to remove the camera first, Then turn on your ST16, then your H turn it upside down and cycle your landing gear switch a few times, if you have lot of looseness in the gear you can take them part and inspect the gears, I think there is a video on youtube , as stated about the gear is easy to replace

Wow...... That seemed to worked. Flipped the whole thing upside down and activated the landing gear, it like recalibrated the landing gear. WHO THINKS OF THESE THINGS !! Their genius !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval