Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anyone have any luck with an FPV goggles or using an HDMI type of goggle?

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has had any type of FPV goggles that would work in addition to the ST16 display.

Thinking it would be cool for my son to watch the video feed as I had the ST16.

Also would a mini HDMI monitor work out of the ST16 HDMI out.

This is of interest for me as I do struggle with reflection on the T16 for filming/photography.
I have looked at Fat Shark goggles and the Dominators look good as do the Attitude's although there is no mention of HDMI on the Attitudes. Most people recommend trying before you buy but I have no local shop to try these.
I also use reading glasses but my long sight is fine. Will I need the diopter accessory do you think?

Curious if anyone has had any type of FPV goggles that would work in addition to the ST16 display.

Thinking it would be cool for my son to watch the video feed as I had the ST16.

Also would a mini HDMI monitor work out of the ST16 HDMI out.
An hdmi monitor can be connected, I've done it with my Black Pearl. However, the Pearl display is lower quality than the pad and the display drops out if you go to full screen on the st16 i.e. double tap the screen to remove the display buttons.
Have you thought about the CGO app on a pad or phone?
With goggles on you can't operate the controls on the st16, but this isnt a problem if you just want your son to watch.

Reactions: Rayray
An hdmi monitor can be connected, I've done it with my Black Pearl. However, the Pearl display is lower quality than the pad and the display drops out if you go to full screen on the st16 i.e. double tap the screen to remove the display buttons.
With goggles on you can't operate the controls on the st16, but this isnt a problem if you just want your son to watch.
So are you saying when using goggles you cannot fly the drone? I would have thought this was what they were for? Drone racing and so on?

Control sticks can be used with goggles on, but I wouldn't guarantee clicking the right switches. And how would you hit the right buttons on the display screen if you can't see your fingers?
So purely fpv maybe OK. Photography, no.

Last edited:
I read somewhere (cannot recall where sorry guys) that the samsung gloggles work a treat on the H. Here in Australia, samsung has a great deal where if you buy a certain samsung product they send you out a free pair of goggles.

Control sticks can be used with goggles on, but I wouldn't guarantee clicking the right switches. And how would you hit the right buttons on the display screen if you can't see your fingers?
So purely fpv maybe OK. Photography, no.
Would you need to use the right touchscreen buttons? Just setup the camera and use the physical camera button or video button surely?

How are you going to get two way comm thru the goggles. Get serious. Good for an observer only, not the pilot.

Reactions: Rayray
Ive tested mine with fatshark dominators hdv2 comparex to using my dji phantom 3 the hd link in the goggles isnt as good ..its clear but slightly disorted i also double tapped the screen to remove the osd that worked ok but twice experienced a blank screen ..

How are you going to get two way comm thru the goggles. Get serious. Good for an observer only, not the pilot.
You use a spotter I guess. I know of at least one well know videographer who films with a DJI and uses goggles, how else are you going to accurately see what you are filming? I am not talking about whizzing around the skies in record mode, but for accurate placement. What is wrong with flying to location and using goggles for the film or to compose a shot.
Personally I really struggle with seeing the ST16 screen for reflections.

Reactions: SkyDoctor
You may find anti glare screen protector for the ST16 on ebay in the UK, that was where I found one for the ST10+ screen.

Reactions: OnTheRopes
Expecting my H tomorrow. The HDMI output is ideal for my Avegant Glyph head mounted display (HMD). A major advantage of the Glyph is peripheral vision above and below the display allows you to see the controls on the ST16. It's rather expensive but probably the best HMD for the H. In any case I hope to try it tomorrow at last.

Expecting my H tomorrow. The HDMI output is ideal for my Avegant Glyph head mounted display (HMD). A major advantage of the Glyph is peripheral vision above and below the display allows you to see the controls on the ST16. It's rather expensive but probably the best HMD for the H. In any case I hope to try it tomorrow at last.
That looks pretty cool, watched a few YT videos about it now. Does not seem to be available in the UK yet. Let us know how you get on with it with the H.

I downloaded the app but have not hooked it up. Sounds like I better try that out, thanks for the tip.

I'm using skyzone (HD v2 diversity) which work great via mini HDMI. Nice thing about the skyzones is the PIP with a front facing camera so you don't need to take off your goggles to see what's in front of you... but you still get better sense flying LOS.

My work's cinemizers look incredible w/these drones (really no diff from a lightbridge).... and unfortunately nothing beats the HD and latency of the Connex/Paralinx/Teradek stuff (and those don't work with any HD goggle out there due to the chips the head sets chose)

Reactions: WheelsUp
I'm using skyzone (HD v2 diversity) which work great via mini HDMI. Nice thing about the skyzones is the PIP with a front facing camera so you don't need to take off your goggles to see what's in front of you... but you still get better sense flying LOS.

My work's cinemizers look incredible w/these drones (really no diff from a lightbridge).... and unfortunately nothing beats the HD and latency of the Connex/Paralinx/Teradek stuff (and those don't work with any HD goggle out there due to the chips the head sets chose)

Hadn't heard of skyzone, but they are worth looking into (sorry).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop