Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anyone have any luck with an FPV goggles or using an HDMI type of goggle?

I use 'Headplay HD' Goggles with HDMI Connection. They work Brilliantly.
So is this just plug the goggles in the Typhoon h HDMI port on the ST 16 controller and you have full vision? New to this game and trying to figure out what I need to get FPV going on my bird. You don't require any other antennas to be added to the Typhoon H?

Got my H yesterday. My Avegant Glyph HMD works nicely with the ST16 with full 720p resolution. They are using the Glyph's built-in head tracking on the Inspire so I expect this capability soon with the H. The advantage with the Glyph is that you can see above and below the image without removing the display. You can look down at the ST16 and up to the sky to see the drone. The image is very bright and not pixelated.

I'm using skyzone (HD v2 diversity) which work great via mini HDMI. Nice thing about the skyzones is the PIP with a front facing camera so you don't need to take off your goggles to see what's in front of you... but you still get better sense flying LOS.

My work's cinemizers look incredible w/these drones (really no diff from a lightbridge).... and unfortunately nothing beats the HD and latency of the Connex/Paralinx/Teradek stuff (and those don't work with any HD goggle out there due to the chips the head sets chose)

Hey Recharge,

I also have the Skyzone Goggles. Can you share with me the proper cable I need for FPV with the H?
Note: This is for fun, not professional photography.

The Goggles have a micro USB input and the ST16 has a standard HDMI output.

Thanks in advance!

My Avegant Glyph HMD works great with the ST16 with the added advantage of being able to see above and below the display. It lugs directly into the ST16 HDMI output for a very bright full 720p view. Great for watching 3d video too!

My Avegant Glyph HMD works great with the ST16 with the added advantage of being able to see above and below the display. It lugs directly into the ST16 HDMI output for a very bright full 720p view. Great for watching 3d video too!
Does the ST16 display go off when using these? I doesn't sound like it from your decription.

Does the ST16 display go off when using these? I doesn't sound like it from your decription.
It goes off after about 5 seconds only in full screen mode. With the telemetry showing it stays on. I haven't upgraded to the new firmware yet so that may have changed.

It goes off after about 5 seconds only in full screen mode. With the telemetry showing it stays on. I haven't upgraded to the new firmware yet so that may have changed.
OK cool, just wanted to be sure they could be used with full camera control. Not easy to get though in the UK unless I import them direct

Just did the new updates and now the ST16 display stays on in full screen mode when HDMI is connected. I guess Yuneec listens to our requests :)

Reactions: g2em3
I watched a YT video yesterday showing the H pro and a sneak peak at Yuneek's own googles which are about to be released. Still trying to find the video to link it here.

Reactions: Brent and g2em3
Would you need to use the right touchscreen buttons? Just setup the camera and use the physical camera button or video button surely?

I've been using fatshark dominator goggles for two years on dji phantom, and last week with the aid of a spotter I managed to video a local church roof along the valley of two roof joins which had been causing a leak, I also done a general inspection of the roofs looking for defects, this had proved very successful we found several defects that will require remedial work.

Whilst I did use the phantom and not my Typhoon H my concerns using the H were the googles I use do not have HDMI input, and was also worried of losing wi-fi signal whilst down in the valley of the roof, and finally if I was relying on using only the ST16 screen display flying in close proximity to the building the deceptive depth of view could cause me to crash.

The video I shot was using a gopro hero 4 silver edition and was set at 1080p in auto setting, the video was then run through premiere pro to get single frames jpeg images of the roof these are all unprocessed apart from taking single frames.

I have uploaded some of the images to give you whats possible using goggles.

Attachments

• GOPR0153.Still022.jpg
    GOPR0153.Still022.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • GOPR0153.Still016.jpg
    GOPR0153.Still016.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • GOPR0153.Still020.jpg
    GOPR0153.Still020.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 20
  • GOPR0153.Still025.jpg
    GOPR0153.Still025.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
I'm using skyzone (HD v2 diversity) which work great via mini HDMI. Nice thing about the skyzones is the PIP with a front facing camera so you don't need to take off your goggles to see what's in front of you... but you still get better sense flying LOS.

My work's cinemizers look incredible w/these drones (really no diff from a lightbridge).... and unfortunately nothing beats the HD and latency of the Connex/Paralinx/Teradek stuff (and those don't work with any HD goggle out there due to the chips the head sets chose)

I also own the Skyzone v3 3D goggles; they work great.

So, now I want to fly my Yuneec Typhoon-H FPV using the goggles. The Typhoon-H ST-16 Controller has HDMI out and I've tested it on a monitor. Now, how do I connect to the Skyzone goggles? Do I need a HDMI to an AV 3RCA CVBs Composite Video Audio converter?https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wish the Skyzone goggles simply had an HDMI input. But I think my only option is the 3.5mm A/V IN port.

Thanks

I also use reading glasses but my long sight is fine. Will I need the diopter accessory do you think?

Your vision sounds similar to mine - good distance vision, but poor near vision. I got my Headplay SE today, and had to install the RHO-Lens HPRO to get enough clarity to use it. Image was way too fuzzy without it.

Curious if anyone has had any type of FPV goggles that would work in addition to the ST16 display.

Thinking it would be cool for my son to watch the video feed as I had the ST16.

Also would a mini HDMI monitor work out of the ST16 HDMI out.

I've been using a modified welding helmet for FPV with a 7 inch monitor for years now and like it alot. (see photo). You can build one with an hdmi monitor that plugs into your tx with a HDMI cable for less than $100. You can also wear reading glasses if your old like me, to get a crystal clear image. If you need to use the touch screen on your Tx you can flip the helmet up easily .

Tom

Attachments

• 032.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: SkyDoctor
I've been using a modified welding helmet for FPV with a 7 inch monitor for years now and like it alot. (see photo). You can build one with an hdmi monitor that plugs into your tx with a HDMI cable for less than $100. You can also wear reading glasses if your old like me, to get a crystal clear image. If you need to use the touch screen on your Tx you can flip the helmet up easily .

Tom
Ha! That's pretty cool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval