Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anyone old enough to remember theses slogans?

AML

Reaction score
"The Quality Goes In Before The Name Goes On."
.... or this one

"Takes A Lick'n And Comes Out Tick'n".

Sometimes I feel like Rip Van Winkle - like I went to sleep and woke up to a different set of seller values. I.e (DJI, Apple, Yuneec, Peauproductions) while I will never feel that their product lines aren't fascinating - there is simply too much stretching of the truth on pre rollout, there is also Excessive dismissal of customers concerns when the product doesn't live up to exaggerated promises Made by the manufacturers.

Think of the Apple Fanboys being caught up the never ending cycle of on again off again let downs.

Don't be pitched like sheep and carefully evaluate what your interested in and like your photo's - is that which it is framed telling the whole story.

I've use this method over the years when purchasing fine guitar's and my disappointment and frustration has been kept to a minimum. Enjoy.

Not sure what Apple bashing has to do with Yuneec. If you cannot handle stable and functional then you have other options...

Reactions: abinder and AML
First, your thingee says you are 63.
Holy Moly, still a youngster! Reminded me; my grandfather, in his 80s and 90s, would refer to others as "old man so and so".
If he were here today and saw us flying these Hs around, he'd snort and say "What's the world coming to."

Happy flying to all, and to you, AML.

Reactions: AML
Hmmm..

When the Typhoon came out, there was a concerted campaign by another manufacturer to attack the product, and there still seems to be some remnants of that going on. That leaves a bad taste in people's mouths.

When Yuneec (and DJI and GoPro and many of the others) announce a product, they give the raw details, and of course they talk them up as a big improvement on previous drones. We're in a very rapidly evolving industry, and this year's models are genuinely a measurable step up from last year's. The problem is, some sections of the community fall into the trap of thinking that the next drone will solve all of their problems, do everything they personally want and be faultless. That pre-release excitement can lead to some disappointment and frustration.

The harsh reality is that drones are very complex bits of technology being driven around by people with all levels of experience and expectation. No drone is going to turn you into an amazing film director, or run your business for you, or make your job dramatically easier. No one drone can do all the different things that are being asked of them at the moment. Worse still, no drone is proof against operator error, plain misunderstanding or wilful abuse. It's very easy to buy a four-figure flying machine and fly it straight into the nearest tree.

So before you get to the question of 'how good is the drone?', you have to ask quite how much the current customer base (who range from hobbyists, to professionals in other industries, to trained pilots and on to experienced filmmakers) really understand the product they're buying. Drones aren't white goods (yet), they aren't standardised products with directly comparable features and controls.

I think we see that in the forums. If you've had a good experience, you go out and fly some more. If you've had a bad experience you go find somewhere to complain. It gives quite a distorted view of people's experiences with the products. This forum certainly has a small number of people who for one reason or another seem to have had a particularly bad experience. That's fair enough, but they post again and again and it gets hard to judge whether they're genuinely unlucky, or the sort of people who make customer support guys cry :)

My first thought that the original post should have been in another section. Second thought was that the older we get, the more we yak about "The good old days". The American worker pride in a quality product, any product. I didn't think it was about drones.

Time moves on, and conditions change. The world has grown much smaller. Realistically the olden days in many ways were not so great. The time we all live in now is the best time for most Americans.

I, never ever being one to brag, really enjoy my RealSense Pro and my standard H. i crashed one, MY OWN FAULT, got parts and fixed it, flying again and I'm better off for the experience. Thanks to folks like Tuna and a lot of others on this forum, I have learned how to fly my Yuneec drones, how to take care of them, and what to do when things go wrong. Every contact I have had with Yuneec reps has been pleasant and professional.

My tirade...

Reactions: AML and Bobjazz
I can confirm that there has been a shift in way all products come to market. There is a trend to move to what is referred to "agile" in the software devolopment circles. This approach is great for quick devolopment cycles and quick updates etc but it does mean that the consumer is doing more testing and in exchange getting a better product in the end for it with very quick bug fixes.

Today as we have even seen here, a bug is seen and updates made and posted in 12 days. In the old days bugs could take much longer with what ever the equivalent of "waterfall" devolopment cycles would be

We are largely better off with this new business model, but it can have very interesting side effects when things get too broken and the balance of benifts In exchange for some beta testing by users is too far to the wrong side.

At the end of the day this is what we have now until something better comes along.

I still think companies try and to built good stuff for the price people are willing to pay, and maybe for the price they can pay. There is no simple broad stroke thinking that can be applied to what's right on wrong on this topic.

Just that generally I think people try and do good with what they can

But we can have expectations and be disappointed at times. We can demand more and companies should expect that we do and aim to meet those demands.

I can confirm that there has been a shift in way all products come to market. There is a trend to move to what is referred to "agile" in the software devolopment circles. This approach is great for quick devolopment cycles and quick updates etc but it does mean that the consumer is doing more testing and in exchange getting a better product in the end for it with very quick bug fixes.

Today as we have even seen here, a bug is seen and updates made and posted in 12 days. In the old days bugs could take much longer with what ever the equivalent of "waterfall" devolopment cycles would be

We are largely better off with this new business model, but it can have very interesting side effects when things get too broken and the balance of benifts In exchange for some beta testing by users is too far to the wrong side.

At the end of the day this is what we have now until something better comes along.

I still think companies try and to built good stuff for the price people are willing to pay, and maybe for the price they can pay. There is no simple broad stroke thinking that can be applied to what's right on wrong on this topic.

Just that generally I think people try and do good with what they can

But we can have expectations and be disappointed at times. We can demand more and companies should expect that we do and aim to meet those demands.
I totally agree. Appreciate the response from you as well as others.

The harsh reality is that drones are very complex bits of technology being driven around by people with all levels of experience and expectation. No drone is going to turn you into an amazing film director, or run your business for you, or make your job dramatically easier. No one drone can do all the different things that are being asked of them at the moment. Worse still, no drone is proof against operator error, plain misunderstanding or wilful abuse. It's very easy to buy a four-figure flying machine and fly it straight into the nearest tree.

So before you get to the question of 'how good is the drone?', you have to ask quite how much the current customer base (who range from hobbyists, to professionals in other industries, to trained pilots and on to experienced filmmakers) really understand the product they're buying. Drones aren't white goods (yet), they aren't standardised products with directly comparable features and controls.

Amen. Well said/written.

First, your thingee says you are 63.
Holy Moly, still a youngster! Reminded me; my grandfather, in his 80s and 90s, would refer to others as "old man so and so".
If he were here today and saw us flying these Hs around, he'd snort and say "What's the world coming to."

Happy flying to all, and to you, AML.
Thanks man - Happy Flying!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis