Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anyone play this? Having troble posting?

Sorry. I was also viewing the update video. As far as your footage goes I don't have enough experience to answer it. You are not losing your eyesight or getting macular degeneration... Far better for the videographers to give you a cogent answer.

Reactions: DroneClone
I think I see what you're talking about. It almost looks like the camera is looking through a pair of dark sunglasses. Are you using a polarizer or ND filter?

I think the extreme contrast between the sky and that very dark green patch of trees may be too much for the dynamic range of the camera.

Sorry. I was also viewing the update video. As far as your footage goes I don't have enough experience to answer it. You are not losing your eyesight or getting macular degeneration... Far better for the videographers to give you a cogent answer.
Thanks my Friend!

I think I see what you're talking about. It almost looks like the camera is looking through a pair of dark sunglasses. Are you using a polarizer or ND filter?

I think the extreme contrast between the sky and that very dark green patch of trees may be too much for the dynamic range of the camera.
No ND, had no problem in 4k with DJI in auto, this puzzles me!, Thanks Friend!

Why is auto so dark on my videos bottom half?
With the Typhoon you need to not have the horizon in the center but rather in the upper 9th area of the frame. If you keep the horizon in the center your exposure compensates for the sky and turns everything below the horizon dark... like when filming directly into the sun. Just lower the camera angle slightly so you see more ground & less sky.

With the Typhoon you need to not have the horizon in the center but rather in the upper 9th area of the frame. If you keep the horizon in the center your exposure compensates for the sky and turns everything below the horizon dark... like when filming directly into the sun. Just lower the camera angle slightly so you see more ground & less sky.
Thanks my friend, also the antenna on myST16, the mushroom one feel off, it snapped back on tightly, and since it turns around 360 degrees, I assume its okay, or a wire in there would break if turning all the way around, correct?:(

Thanks my friend, also the antenna on myST16, the mushroom one feel off, it snapped back on tightly, and since it turns around 360 degrees, I assume its okay, or a wire in there would break if turning all the way around, correct?:(
It just touches to make contact I hope!

I don't have an H yet, but it's generally what all cameras will do in this situation. Auto modes will render a picture that is 18% grey (look it up if you're not familiar). The brighter the top half is, the darker the bottom half gets so it can get to that magic 18% number for the overall exposure of the picture. Easiest fix is tilting down a little so there's less bright sky in the picture and it will expose more for the darker half. Outside of that, you'll need to get out of auto mode and get it exposed manually for what you're wanting the most detail from, in this case, the trees. If you want a good sunset scene, you'll have to expose for the sky and lose details below the horizon. There's only so much dynamic range available from these small sensors at the moment. They've done an amazing job so far, but it has its limits.

I don't have an H yet, but it's generally what all cameras will do in this situation. Auto modes will render a picture that is 18% grey (look it up if you're not familiar). The brighter the top half is, the darker the bottom half gets so it can get to that magic 18% number for the overall exposure of the picture. Easiest fix is tilting down a little so there's less bright sky in the picture and it will expose more for the darker half. Outside of that, you'll need to get out of auto mode and get it exposed manually for what you're wanting the most detail from, in this case, the trees. If you want a good sunset scene, you'll have to expose for the sky and lose details below the horizon. There's only so much dynamic range available from these small sensors at the moment. They've done an amazing job so far, but it has its limits.
Never had a issue of this with my P3-4's ? why I was surprised! Thanks M8 !

Should be fine. If not, replace it with a coat hanger and add some aluminum foil wrapped around the tip. :)

Reactions: vidwiz
Never had a issue of this with my P3-4's ? why I was surprised! Thanks M8 !
I think this could be fixed in firmware honestly...if it would bias the exposure towards the bottom half it would cure most of this and generally get better exposure considering most of the time there will be some sky in the shot.

Hopefully they're listening, it'll help out with all these comparisons floating around.

Reactions: DroneClone
I took a video yesterday.. If i could figure out how to u/l here it would give you something to compare to....
Youtube, go to MY Channel and right click on VID and select "copy ulr" and the on the Yuneec Pilot to right of smiley face and there is a square looks like a piece of film click that paste URL and click embed, that should do it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis