Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anyone used the CGO4 in the proaction Gimbal?

Reaction score
I cannot connect my phone to the CGO4, it sees it but cannot connect to it. My phone is a Moto G4, I have also tried with a Microsoft phone with same result.

An Ipad I have tried can also see a wifi called Yuneec_A100XXX which my phone cannot see, it does connect to this but I don't have the CGO4 app in this pad as it is not mine.
The same pad when trying to connect to the CGO4 says password 1234567890 is incorrect, the phones don't give me that message they just don't connect.
I have spoken with the previous owner who says he did not change the password.
Any ideas?

I cannot connect my phone to the CGO4, it sees it but cannot connect to it. My phone is a Moto G4, I have also tried with a Microsoft phone with same result.

An Ipad I have tried can also see a wifi called Yuneec_A100XXX which my phone cannot see, it does connect to this but I don't have the CGO4 app in this pad as it is not mine.
The same pad when trying to connect to the CGO4 says password 1234567890 is incorrect, the phones don't give me that message they just don't connect.
I have spoken with the previous owner who says he did not change the password.
Any ideas?
On the H920+ kit just received I also got this and I tried it out today. I have an Iphone and it was no problems connecting with the CGO4 app, but sometimes it seems to loose connection briefly and lags. I dont know if this affects recording since I just began testing it, but apart from this it seems to work well.
Addition: Just remembered, I dont think you should chose the CGO4 cam, but the Proaction, I think I got the same error message first but then chose the other wifi and it worked.

Last edited:
On the H920+ kit just received I also got this and I tried it out today. I have an Iphone and it was no problems connecting with the CGO4 app, but sometimes it seems to loose connection briefly and lags. I dont know if this affects recording since I just began testing it, but apart from this it seems to work well.
Addition: Just remembered, I dont think you should chose the CGO4 cam, but the Proaction, I think I got the same error message first but then chose the other wifi and it worked.
Perhaps it is because I am on Android phone then as I only see tha proaction on the ipad I borrowed. I have got round the problem by putting the CGO4 lens onto the GH5 and using that instead which works fine now, my 11-16 lens was too heavy for the gimbal to cope with without some heavy weights.

I have read the app won’t work with Android. I can’t load it on my Fire tablet. It does work with Apple stuff though.

I have the Motorola Pure Android cell. The CGO app is not a great app. One thing is that the cell phone needs to be able to see 5.8 wifi. I have some older Moto phones but never checked them to see if they support the correct frequency or not. I have connected and used the ProAction with my CGO4 and my Pure cell phone.

Reactions: PatR and OnTheRopes
My Proaction and CGO4 work very well with Samsung Tablet. With Motorola Android, WiFi does not find Yuneec ...
My problem is at the end of video capture. The manual says :"Warning. Turn Off the camera trought APP before powering off the CGO4 camera, in case that the camera lens won't return back to the original position... " But I do not find how to do that on the screen. Does anyone know?

I'll have to check the next time I fire it up

Can you connect to a 5.8 wifi?

Moto G4 does not connect with CGO4 either :(
Can confirm, no 5 GHz network working on that device. Also confirmed by Motorola support. Not really happy about this, but the performance of the 2,4 GHz is awesome.

My Proaction and CGO4 work very well with Samsung Tablet. With Motorola Android, WiFi does not find Yuneec ...
My problem is at the end of video capture. The manual says :"Warning. Turn Off the camera trought APP before powering off the CGO4 camera, in case that the camera lens won't return back to the original position... " But I do not find how to do that on the screen. Does anyone know?

I have the same issue with closing the zoom lense. I kind of remember that the lens did go back when using the ProAction prior to (+)- upgrade. Just another (+) issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1