Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Ask what you want to see with the 520

Just so I can keep track and help some people this is going in the help section.

Starting on Tuesday 26 Sep 2017, I will have some free time to do some videos and other 520 related items. Here is your chance to request what you want to see. I will, within reason attempt to capture the data you are looking for.

Delayed slightly do to disaster relief in Puerto Rico.
I just want to know if Typhoon H RS Module will work with H520?

More yaw authority. The yaw seems 'weak' in comparison with other axis, and leads to sluggish turns / video, or then over compensation.

Would like to see a software feature that could be turned on and off which, regardless of rate/gain set (turtle or hare speed dial), would limit the fore/aft acceleration (but not overall speed linked to rate/gain) to prevent rotors appearing in camera viewport.

Need for a log analysis tool. A desktop version and above all and most of all, a version for the ST16S. Knowing the last coordinates of the aircraft in case of an accident is essential to find it.

Flight zones on the map. Depending on the regulations of each country and depending on the type of air space you can or cannot fly. Option to enable or disable the different flight zones and visualize them with colors.

It could be something similar to what is shown in the image. The different areas of airspace are represented by colours, and as professional users you have to comply with a regulation that allows or does not allow you to fly in these areas. Having first-hand visual information about the area where you are or where you want to fly is a great feature.

upload_2017-12-11_1-21-43.png

An option on survey grid to have a radius at end of each line rather than two 90 turns. This will be much smoother and use less power.
Much like drone deploy does!

A Record path function - press record and fly a path, this is then saved as either a survey grid perimiter or as a waypoint path.
this can then be re flown autonomously..

The camera will tilt up 15 degrees..
But cant get it to stay at 12 , 10, 5 etc..
at 15 degrees the ends of arms are in shot - I would like maybe 5-10 degrees angled up for survey of buildings with overhangs and soffits, under bridges and arches etc.

Less jerky movement during survey grids (see above) either a full raduis turn or just smooth out the turns a bit.

ability to "follow" ground profile during survey - easy way of achieving this ---- import a survey grid / waypoints from UgCS (XML and KML format I think) probably easiest as these can be programmed in the free version. Now this would really be amazing!!

Last edited:
Control of the aircraft position through gimbal controls.

A small control unit dedicated to the camera and gimbal.

Plug in features to allow adaption of other payloads.

Lots of ideas, some will come out more but it costs more :rolleyes:

Unfortunately our bird is not adopting them :oops:

I want to see this bird perform in urban cities doing survey, inspection both roof and side structures, HVAC, crane, as well as map a long with the ground crew that are using LiDAR (every construction sites has a scheduled calendar, and you cannot pick days and it can be zoo out in the pit. A surveyor drone should be able to handle its job. Let's just put the Mavic and P4P as an affordable solution, these two can handle the job) These basic usage will weed out if Yuneec's pro-consumer H520 is a true commercial drone, as advertised by Yuneec, because the majority of their advertisements are staged and scripted.

My current experience, with the H Plus left me with a cloud of doubts, I do not want to gamble no longer, become another next guinea pig. The H Plus has something that DJI does not have, hover stability during inspections, but......................

Control implementation request for the Angle parameter.

When we create survey missions we have two very important parameters to optimize them. The Entry parameter and the Angle parameter.

The problem is with the Angle parameter. I mean, to determine the angle of the passes we must enter the number of degrees of these and determine if it is the most correct. Every time we enter a new value we have to click on the control, enter the data and validate it. This process must be repeated many times to obtain optimal results.

Yuneec could modify the type of control to enter the values?

In the ST16S a circular control, for example, that you move with your finger and see in real time how the distance values, number of batteries, etc. change. In DataPilotPlanner a normal numerical control where you can click and go up or down the value.

View attachment 7694

It's an idea, it would be very useful.

Thank you

Are the margins configurable within the app?

Wow at 102m at 60 deg? That's a tall structure for an oblique camera angle... (just kidding)

Are the margins configurable within the app?

Wow at 102m at 60 deg? That's a tall structure for an oblique camera angle... (just kidding)

No buddy, that parameter doesn't refer to the angle of the camera, it puts it up, grip. It's the flight angle within the area you determine for the survey ;)

No buddy, that parameter doesn't refer to the angle of the camera, it puts it up, grip. It's the flight angle within the area you determine for the survey ;)

My question was, is there a settings where you can configure a margin, because it seems that your path is out of the grid.

My question was, is there a settings where you can configure a margin, because it seems that your path is out of the grid.

Yeah, it's the parameter right underneath. "Turnaround dist" determines how far away the aircraft leaves the working area to allow the aircraft to make the turn and return to the plot, and do it fully straight now. This is a parameter that is often used in fixed wing, with multicopters does not make much sense. Although I use it because it is better to do a little more and avoid having little overlap at the edges of the work area.

In DataPilotPlanner for desktop would be interesting to have a combination of keyboard to zoom in and zoom out. In the same way a vertical slider, for example to the left of the application, between the buttons and the scale and altitude indicator so that you can zoom quickly. Something similar to what I show in the image, for example.

Regarding the scale indicator, very useful, it would be interesting to click on it and the line would be stretched or shrunk in all the width of the program indicating the sections of the scale determined by the zoom. Clicking on the "S" of the image, for example. This would allow to calculate very quickly the dimensions of the place to fly over.

Zoom and Scale controls.png

you need a small control unit to connect external cameras and gimbal via mavlink sbus ppm (flir, sequoia splitter, lidar) and receive Videolink (analog / HDMI) on the st16s. all to be connected on the lower slide of the chamber

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis