Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Ask what you want to see with the 520

In DataPilotPlanner for desktop would be interesting to have a combination of keyboard to zoom in and zoom out.

I can live without a zoom but I do not understand why there is no search for a specific address on a map in their DataPilot software. This is kind of bad as you may spend a lot of time just to find a place on the map where you need to do some job.

I can live without a zoom but I do not understand why there is no search for a specific address on a map in their DataPilot software. This is kind of bad as you may spend a lot of time just to find a place on the map where you need to do some job.

Every idea is good, in fact that's also in this thread. We should not discard any ;)

Reactions: CEWC and Wingman
Every idea is good, in fact that's also in this thread. We should not discard any ;)

I agree, I just wanted to say there is at least something to zoom with already(you can do it with a mouse) so at least it is halfway done but no search at all.

So when you have a client in an area which you are not familiar with even if you use some help from maps.google.com website to find where it is you will still need to spend some time to find it in Datapilot. I am just a bit concerned that after so many updates done to their DataPilot nobody's at Yuneec have not noticed that there is no search function at all in there.

Has anybody tried to bring it to their attention?

Reactions: BigAl07
Of course, mate, that's precisely what this thread is for. Do not worry that Yuneec reads it. Another thing is that they pay attention, implement the requests or they can do it. But I assure you that they know where it is and read it.

Reactions: BigAl07
Orbital flight funtion

I've been thinking and remembering that a few years ago, I don't know which controller or software had that particular drone, but it did allow an orbital flight in the following way. You flew normally and put the drone right on top of the POI, you pressed a stick, the POI was established, you moved out of the center of the circle and you established the radius of the circumference by pressing the same stick again. Having already established the height, you only had to change the inclination of the camera. All that was left was to move the aircraft to one side or the other so that it will begin to make the orbital flight.

I know it looks a lot like how we have it now but the subtle difference is that you could establish with precision the center of the circle and is different from now that we can do it "more or less" by clicking on the screen and trusting the accuracy of the maps we have downloaded. Depending on the radius of the circle and taking into account the deviation of those meters that have the maps we download, the POI is not always well centered in the center of the image. I am not saying to modify the way we have to give those two data, the center and radius of the circle, in the current function, but to go further and add to this system also that would give a total precision on the point that the camera has to look.

A way of doing it and that would not suppose much work to implement it, it occurs to me, that could be the following one. You position the drone just above the point you want the POI to be, click anywhere on the screen and where you now have the options "Go to location" and "Orbit at location" add the option "Orbit H520 location". Then we put the drone at the distance from the radius of the circle and press on the screen an option "Set radius", or something similar. In this way we would have the same but with absolute precision.

When planning the mission, it should allow the different elements to be moved. I explain, you put 4 Waypoints and you realize that between the second and third you want to put a ROI. You create it and move it between the second and third. Right now it seems that you can't alter the sequencing.

In flight when you press the screen, apart from the function "Go to location" and the option "Orbit at location" a new function that is simply "ROI". Just ask the height and from that moment the camera will aim at that point at all times allowing us to fly freely.

Reactions: DataFlight
Add variation on how to activate the ROI function much more accurately. Add the option to take the center of the circle at the current position of the drone. Then be able to set the radius of the circle either by position of the drone again or by entering the distance by hand.

Although as it is now is valid for 90% of the occasions, sometimes it is necessary more precision for smaller areas and thus allow me to be more focused the area of interest in the center of the image.

Thx.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I see that it is always the same boy that requires improvement, I have named Sir Arruntus.
One thing that I enjoy when I fly with Litchi is the vocal feedback of information during the flight. Parametrable, every x seconds (I put 20s), we have the return of the altitude, the distance from the point Home, and the most useful, the percentage of the battery and the speed also if one wants.
A real talking gps on flying, which allows to not constantly watch the screen to get the information (especially the percentage of the battery that is so small at the top of the screen).
When we the announce that there is 35% battery, we know right now that it is time to go back. (Plus, the female voice is beautiful).
I really think it's an indispensable function for a safe flight.

Last edited:
Reactions: arruntus
When we the announce that there is 35% battery, we know right now that it is time to go back. (Plus, the female voice is beautiful).

I think we now know the impetus for "Sir" Claudius and his talking controller!

Personally, I already have enough voices in my head and otherwise. While I do appreciate having options, I don't need any more telling me what I can and cannot do, what I should and should not do. Telling me I'm low on fuel, synonymous with "low on brains" is enough for me.

Sorry @claudius62 ... I just could not resist! :p

Jeff

claudius62 said:
hello, when would we have Orbite mode for inspecting towers, old
windmill etc. added to missions mode. he is on the H why not on the H520. . It seems to me essential to facilitate some inspections.

It's good to get on the bandwagon, but we'd have to look at the date of the question: October 24, 2017.
And this feature was implemented on the H520 in March 2019.
And everyone knows that, including myself. And as a result of that, I even explain how to use the manual "ROI" outside of a scheduled mission.
I see thanks anyway for bringing me an answer two years later. Moqueur.gif

Reactions: DataFlight

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix