Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Attaching a GoPro 7 to the Typhoon!

Reaction score
Picked up this little guy today... can’t wait to see some go pro footage from the drone! Pics/Video 56028503190__0530FCF9-E736-47D0-A42A-B0371C720517.jpgto come by the weekend!

PS I Purchased a bar mount to attach it to the leg for flight... should be ok... or maybe I’ll mount directly on top? [emoji848]

Reactions: Genesis42
Awesome idea - the view from on top of it or underneath will be amazing :) In the top-mount videos, please use the theme from 'Airwolf' in any soundtrack you may choose :)
Where did you get the mount from ? - Google isn't helping me so far !

Reactions: floridajames04
Picked up this little guy today... can’t wait to see some go pro footage from the drone! Pics/Video View attachment 11766to come by the weekend!

PS I Purchased a bar mount to attach it to the leg for flight... should be ok... or maybe I’ll mount directly on top? [emoji848]

Haha ! that's interesting. I did something just like this a few weeks ago.IMG_20181003_161847[1].jpg

Reactions: floridajames04
Haha ! that's interesting. I did something just like this a few weeks ago.
Oh right - you put it on AS WELL as the CGO3+ !! Did it struggle with the extra weight ?

You've both gone for leg mounts there I see. Does that not result in the craft constantly having to battle the uneven weight distribution ? Or does it just handle that fine ?
I think if I was trying to do this I would remove the CGO3+ altogether, but get another one of the normal camera mounts / damper plate sets, and try and mount my GP7 on that, or at least arrange the leg mount if possible so that the weight was more central.

Last edited:
The extra weight on the side where the camera is mounted will put a strain on those motors.
Be mindful to check how hot they get.
Circuit board will be getting warmer also.

Hi guys,

I was wondering if with he gopro hero 7 you're able to get a video feedback on screen or goggles?

Regards

Just wondering why? You already have a 4k controllable camera on the copter, what good is a rigid GP mount to a leg that then interferes with the original CGO3+? All I see is less capability from each piece.

Reactions: PatR
Stick it on top pointing slightly upwards that could make some cool shots flying under stuff [emoji6]

Picked up this little guy today... can’t wait to see some go pro footage from the drone! Pics/Video View attachment 11766to come by the weekend!

I would mount on the top. I did that with Mavic Pro. Works great. Great video and you get the sound also. Normal drone video are boring w/out sound. That's my thought only.

Oh right - you put it on AS WELL as the CGO3+ !! Did it struggle with the extra weight ?

You've both gone for leg mounts there I see. Does that not result in the craft constantly having to battle the uneven weight distribution ? Or does it just handle that fine ?
I think if I was trying to do this I would remove the CGO3+ altogether, but get another one of the normal camera mounts / damper plate sets, and try and mount my GP7 on that, or at least arrange the leg mount if possible so that the weight was more central.
Your Right. I would never attach anything to the landing Legs. Like anything else. Weight distribution is important. Mount it to the top and center it if possible?

I did try my GoPro 7 on the Typhoon H. Didn't get satellites to easy. But GPS unit is mounted on the outside of the Typhoon H. Don't know if the camera was obstructing the GPS unit or not. When i took it off. Was easier to acquire the satellites.? Will Try again tomorrow.

You can record sound with CGO3 or CGO3+. Set Audio Switch in camera settings to ON. Unfortunately the camera will not remember this setting. You must set sound recording again when drone was powered off.
I tried to set mine just a few minutes ago on the Typhoon H. Would not let me do it. I did see the Mic though????? Any solution?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder