Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

August's End (Test flight for the replacement C23)

Beautiful images, but it may be necessary to go through the camera calibration box, tendency to lean to the right (at 1 min 55).Capture.JPG

Beautiful images, but it may be necessary to go through the camera calibration box, tendency to lean to the right (at 1 min 55).View attachment 23095
I've noticed it too, probably had to do because I've launched from a terrace that is not flat (has about 5 degrees tilt in order to drain water).
The Typhoon H+ does not have any camera calibration box or gimbal calibration menu.

It also becomes a small problem, because in the countryside or in the mountains it is rare to take off from a perfectly flat surface.

I've sent an e-mail to Yuneec Europe asking if there are any procedures (or an external tool) that allows gimbal calibration on the C23.
I suspect that there might be some service-approved tool to calibrate the horizon regardless of the automatic power-on calibration.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Hi there,
Beautiful video, love it.
I have yet to use my C23 on my Typhoon but now .... ? hmmm ?.

The Yuneec Europe technician - the same one that replaced my C23 camera - replied to my e-mail telling me to perform a compass calibration with the new camera attached to the drone. According to what he said on the e-mail, the C23 gimbal IMU levelling is performed when doing compass calibration and this means that the C23 must be attached to the Typhoon H+ while doing the calibration. I always perform compass calibration without the C23 attached to the drone in order to minimize stress on the gimbal motors while turning the drone; the technician told me to NOT perform the calibration without the C23 attached and to not worry about the gimbal motors going "crazy" during calibration.

Guess I have to take the Typhoon H+ again with me this weekend to perform the calibration on Lagada's football field.

to perform the calibration on Lagada's football field.
I'll be interested in seeing if the tilted horizon is fixed. I rarely do a compass cal on any of the H series, but I do leave the C23 on the H Plus on the two occasions I did a cal.

Reactions: Mike Irish
I'll be interested in seeing if the tilted horizon is fixed. I rarely do a compass cal on any of the H series, but I do leave the C23 on the H Plus on the two occasions I did a cal.
It might be true because the C23 camera that came with my H+ had a perfect level right out of the box (it came with firmware build 652) and the first time I've calibrated the compass was on firmware 822 (almost two years since I bought the drone). The reason I did the compass calibration was to check if it affected the jello that appeared on video (as explained here), otherwise my H+ flew perfectly without ever performing a single calibration, which is even more amazing because the drone came all the way from Germany to Greece and did not required it. On the other hand, my dji Mavic 2 needs most of the time compass calibration, even when moving 15km from the last flight location.

Will post more information when I do testing this weekend.

Did a compass calibration yesterday with the C23 mounted this time, I think it fixed the horizon tilt a bit.
Photos are from today and yesterday test flights.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval