Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Autonomous flight system without controller.

Hi, I acquired a yuneec typhoon h. I wonder If I could program a autonomous flight system routine.

One can create a preprogrammed flight, either by using the curved cable cam feature (fly and save waypoints) or by using the UAV Toolbox. But, both require the controller to send control signals to the aircraft throughout the flight. Nothing is uploaded, in totality, to the aircraft.

The H520 does what you are asking.

Jeff

Hi. Thank you so much.

I heard about H520 but I would like to use these typhoon h too since I already have some. Could I somehow for example control the drone actions with a mini computer like Raspberry Pi?

The flight controls including arming the motors on the H480 are via radio control not WiFi, so control via computer without some conversion to Zigbee control signals is not possible.

Even the CCC for the H480’s is stored and implemented in the ST-16 controller. If the RC link is lost during a CCC mission, the aircraft hovers waiting for reconnection to the ST-16 and will do an auto RTH if that link is not restored in about 30 seconds.

Reactions: rubencastro99
That would also be beyond the regulations, I guess, as the pilot always has to be able to regain manual control if needed !!!

Reactions: PatR
This will do it. You could attach the Raspberry Pi to one of Typhoons UARTS's. ;-)

Reactions: zandoli

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal