Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

autopilot FW update failed - now autopilot stops on BL mode [solved]

;-)

Reaction score
Hi guys
does anyone know, how i can reflash the drone board?
last days i did upate the TH+
for some testings i did update the autopilot over the camera and sd card.
simply copied the autopilot.yuneec file on the sd card and started by power on button.
all ok - but one moment i saw that Lipo was not properly plugged and there was a power outage =:'/
result was then the bootloader on PX4 TAP v3.x Board (96) does not response any more
the log is on bottom.

Does anyone know how to reflash the PX4 TAP v3.x board ?
The boot process on drone board stops at PX4 BL, there is no PayloadData anymore i think.
Thank you
best wishes
rudi

autopilot.yuneec.log
found /tmp/SD0/autopilot.yuneec to update
file size: 1451397
found board ID in JSON: 96
found iv
found encrypted image
.yuneec JSON parsed
base64decode compressed image len: 1047270
base64decode iv len: 16
base64decode uncompressed len: 1046944
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
failed to get reboot acknowledged at 500000, continuing anyway
could not talk to bootloader, giving up
found iv
found encrypted image
.yuneec JSON parsed
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
found iv
found encrypted image
.yuneec JSON parsed
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot

Last edited:
update
let you know,
solved by using a very early ( earlier ) autopilot.yuneec file -
put it in the sd holder of the cam
and the STM32F765 32BIT is blinking and "sounding" like first moment :)
**** - very happy now
this took me down and many hours for try everything i got in my head ..
it's done
best wishes

Last edited:
Messing up a bootloader is never a good thing, glad to read you’re getting it worked out. During my UAV days messing up the bootloader meant you had trashed the avionics and had to send it back for a 6 month repair process. If we were lucky it only took 6 months.

Reactions: ;-)
hi @PatR
it looks like, there are "backup" partions on the flash mem. i think i did blocked one partion / or unmarked the bootflag on a partion ( not sure i studdy the **RTFM** "Fashmemory organization"of this 32BIT ARMz STM32F7)

the interesting thing is also that there is no bootlog for this flash process.
After this initial success, I uploaded the current autopilot.yuneec file in a second attempt; there was no log about it either.

I think that the "STM32 base bootloader" (switch) has stored a factory "bootloader" image.
I'm curious if the next higher level update then creates a log about it.
I am not sure, is the autopilot.yuneec file one Payload Data image or does it have a bootloader file too. did you look onetime in the file? there are two images there.
the "parameter_xml" and the "image_encrypted" payload data.
perhabs anyone knows more about this structure of the file.

Anyway, I'm very relieved. I also created yuneec helpdes / service / ticket, I'm also curious when to get an answer. Do I even get one? I will report about it here :)
best wishes

Hallo Rudi (ist ein deutscher Name, also versuche ich es auch auf deutsch),

mein Typhoon H Plus bootet nach dem Update nicht mit dem selben Problem, das du hier beschrieben hast. Allerdings habe ich nicht Zugriff auf eine ältere Version der Datei autopilot.yuneec. Sei bitte so nett und stelle mir die zur Verfügung, mit der es bei dir funktioniert hat. Ist sonst noch etwas zu beachten?

Mit besten Grüßen,
Wolfgang

Dear Rudi,

my Typhoon H Plus doesn't boot after the update with the same problem you described here. But I don't have access to an older version of the file autopilot.yuneec. Please be so kind and provide me your file which worked for you. Is there anything else that I should pay attention to?

Best regards,
Wolfgang

Hallo Rudi (ist ein deutscher Name, also versuche ich es auch auf deutsch),

mein Typhoon H Plus bootet nach dem Update nicht mit dem selben Problem, das du hier beschrieben hast. Allerdings habe ich nicht Zugriff auf eine ältere Version der Datei autopilot.yuneec. Sei bitte so nett und stelle mir die zur Verfügung, mit der es bei dir funktioniert hat. Ist sonst noch etwas zu beachten?

Mit besten Grüßen,
Wolfgang

Dear Rudi,

my Typhoon H Plus doesn't boot after the update with the same problem you described here. But I don't have access to an older version of the file autopilot.yuneec. Please be so kind and provide me your file which worked for you. Is there anything else that I should pay attention to?

Best regards,
Wolfgang
Try build 652 found here: How to Upgrade/Downgrade C23 Camera Firmware for the H Plus
If you have the EU version of the Typhoon H Plus, you can extract the autopilot.yuneec firmware from the EU camera upgrade package as explained on the first message of the link I gave you.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
Try build 652 found here: How to Upgrade/Downgrade C23 Camera Firmware for the H Plus
If you have the EU version of the Typhoon H Plus, you can extract the autopilot.yuneec firmware from the EU camera upgrade package as explained on the first message of the link I gave you.
Thank you!

I tried with autopilot.yuneec file v1.0.08 (build 652_20180507) which resulted in a green blinking led on the C23 after some time (about a minute) and a autopilot_update.log with final line saying: could not talk to bootloader, giving up

Then I tried with autopilot.yuneec file v1.0.10 (build 743_20180801) which also ended with a green blinking led and autopilot_update.log file with same final line.

Last try was with autopilot.yuneec file v1.1.02 (build 784_20181122) which ended up in the same way.

Then I tried the files gimbal.yuneec and firmware.bin (=camera.bin) separately out of the last version 1.1.02 which ended in a file gimbal.yuneec.updated and a deleted firmware.bin file.

After that I tried the autopilot.yuneec file v1.0.08 again and voila it worked and the drone booted up at last!!!

@;-) : rudi wrote about the log files. What I experienced: log files are only written when something went wrong. As long as the update process finishes successfully there are no log files written but the update file gets the name ending ".updated".

Thanks for the professional support in this forum!

Last edited:
Reactions: Frontier

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital