Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to Upgrade/Downgrade C23 Camera Firmware for the H Plus

Hi Pilots,

I am just trying to put on the 755 build. Can anyone give me the US (FCC) camera .yuneec file? I'd like to try the video transmission rage with that too. On the old H the US (A) fw worked much better than the EU (E) one.
if you watch this video, you understand that you already have this file on your ST16S

Thank you for the answer!

I'd like to do the same. :) But i was afraid that the C file is China, or something else.. Now i am sure it is US FCC! :)

I have ultra quick connect time! :) I will make a range test soon...

Attachments

• IMG_20180906_123301.jpg
    IMG_20180906_123301.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 50
  • c23_C.JPG
    c23_C.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 51
Hi Pilots,

I am just trying to put on the 755 build. Can anyone give me the US (FCC) camera .yuneec file? I'd like to try the video transmission rage with that too. On the old H the US (A) fw worked much better than the EU (E) one.

Whilst this is a great idea and certainly worth while doing please remember that if you are in Europe and you use C firmware you are breaking European laws and probably invalidating Yuneec warranties.

Just saying before you go ahead with your decisions.

Whilst this is a great idea and certainly worth while doing please remember that if you are in Europe and you use C firmware you are breaking European laws and probably invalidating Yuneec warranties.

Just saying before you go ahead with your decisions.

I know! This is only for one time testing.

It is true that the wait is much longer in EU version (1mn 30s for 15/18s), but it allows the pilot to take the time to look at his satellites, to check the mounting of its propellers, etc., in short not to take off in a hurry.

Another update today 757 dated 20180906 has been released. This time actually puts in team mode switch which can be found in the bottom left mode selection. Same place as CCC and POI

Reactions: oliver
Another update today 757 dated 20180906 has been released. This time actually puts in team mode switch which can be found in the bottom left mode selection. Same place as CCC and POI
the 755 is already outdated ...

Unless I’m mistaken 757 comes after 755
757 was released earlier today

Ok so here comes the detailed instructions on how to upgrade and downgrade the H Plus.

Firstly you need to make sure you download each update as it comes through so that you can copy the files from the 'Yuneec OTA' folder when connected to a PC or Mac via the ST16S.
I saved the very first version 1.08 and also 1.10, I therefore have 2 different types of files to play with.
These are saved as a .Yuneec EXEC file. All of the files that are needed are in these exec files.

To access the files needed copy the exec file so you leave the original alone and then rename the last part .yuneec to .zip, unzip the folder and inside the folder will be 4 files
autopilot.yuneec
camera.bin
gimble.yuneec
versioninfo.json------------this file is not needed

screen-shot-2018-08-16-at-10-03-03-png.10901

Format an sd card into FAT32 so it is completely clean and then drag either the camera.bin to upgrade/downgrade the camera firmware or the gimble.yuneec to upgrade/downgrade the gimble firmware.
Do each file individually one at a time, do not put all the files onto the card at the same time.
Autopilot file you not need to do unless you have wiped off the autopilot from the controller/camera

Insert sd card into the C23 and switch on the H Plus (do not have the controller switched on during this process)
Wait until the camera light goes green and then just to make sure it has finished leave for another 5 minutes

Switch off the H Plus and insert a normal sd card that has been formatted previously in the H Plus, wait for a full boot and then switch on the ST16S to check the file has been up or downgraded.
You cannot check that the gimble has been successful but in my case the vibration has now stopped so I can assume 1.08 did in fact take the downgrade.

To double check I re updated using this method back to gimble 1.10 and the vibration came back, I then downgraded back to 1.08 and viola vibration had gone.

Hope this explains the process good enough.

Chris
Hi, is it possible that you can help me out. I'm new to these kinda things and would appreciate a more step by step detailed tutorial. I too have the gimbal issue of it going crazy after the update. The first time I tried to update it got stuck so I canceled and re tried. Bot dire if this is what caused it.

Hi, is it possible that you can help me out.
Use the link below to download the EU (Europe) or the US version depending on your country.
Format a sd card with FAT32. Then copy the gimbal.yuneec file to the card.
Put the card in the camera and turn on only the H Plus. Do not turn on the ST16.
Wait until the camera led turns green. Wait 5 another 5 min. Then turn off the H Plus.
Turn on the ST16 and the H Plus and check the gimbal.

If it still vibrates turn off both. Format the sd card again.
Then copy the camera.bin file to the card and perform the procedure again as above.

EU version for downgrading to 784 TYPHOONHPLUS_C23_E_1.1.02_BUILD784_20181122
US version for downgrading to 784 TYPHOONHPLUS_C23_C_1.1.02_BUILD784_20181122

Reactions: Bigshow and oliver
Please keep checking back. A couple of members are working on this procedure so they can explain it for you.
Ok, I will keep checking back. Right now I'm trying to contact Yuneec via opening a case but they aren't responding. If I end up needing to send it in for repair then I'll do it. Because I'm very frustrate not knowing what to do. I've tried hard to find a solution but nothing. I will go ahead and try your firmware strategy thing. May I ask your opinion on sending it to the geek squad? I'm only asking because Yuneec suggested that as one option of theirs. What do you think about that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval