Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Back pack discontinued????

Reaction score
I had a communication with a big distributor and he said:

Yuneec informed us yesterday that they are discontinuing the hardshell backpack going forward. Good and bad news. We are going to offer several hardshell backpacks to our customers at a discounted price. Should have in first 1/2 of of July.

OMG!!!

I hope they don't discontinue batteries

I know you are kidding about the batteries... :)

Interesting if true. And even though I just bought the current backpack it would be nice if they could produce one at the $100 USD mark.

Yuneec informed us yesterday that they are discontinuing the hardshell backpack going forward. Good and bad news. We are going to offer several hardshell backpacks to our customers at a discounted price. Should have in first 1/2 of of July.

OMG!!!

Just two more weeks for backpacks!

just got an email from BH Photo indicating the Yuneec backpacks are discontinued.

Yep got the same email too, they haven't even made the second shipment and it's discontinued. I guess those who were able to get the hard shell backpacks are now considered to be owning collectors items. Something must of happend in their supply chain. And that price hike really sucks not a smart move Yuneec, unless they are including an additional foam insert and not just an empty shell like the Hard Shell backpack. Still that's too much.

UPDATE: Now B&H has the softshell for 100.00 pre-order, interesting not sure whats happening.

Last edited:
Yep got the same email too, they haven't even made the second shipment and it's discontinued. I guess those who were able to get the hard shell backpacks are now considered to be owning collectors items. Something must of happend in their supply chain. And that price hike really sucks not a smart move Yuneec, unless they are including an additional foam insert and not just an empty shell like the Hard Shell backpack. Still that's too much.

UPDATE: Now B&H has the softshell for 100.00 pre-order, interesting not sure whats happening.
B&H ???

OMG!!!

I got the same message from Carolina Dronz. It was weird, I got an email from them saying they were in stock. Went on the site and ordered, and then got the quoted email. Felt almost like a bait and switch but I've always had good luck with these folds. Don't know what to think.

I think this is another time for Yuneec to reach out to its established customer base and let us know whats going on. They should be over the initial delivery hump for the first round of customers, so what is the status of accessories, batteries, travel packs, firmware and fixes to common problems we've been noting.

So a call to Yuneec indicates that the Typhoon H "hard" backpack was prone to damage due to its construction. Could have been the materials used or design of it... Don't know. Anyhow they've given up on the hard shell backpack. I was told that the soft shell backpack costs more than the hardshell backpack because the material is much more expensive (apparently it's a strong material).

No one at Yuneec USA (from what I'm told) has actually seen the soft shell backpack (finished product).

Expected availability mid July but more likely end July/early August.

I just orederd a beautiful and expensive hard case. That is my solution....

So a call to Yuneec indicates that the Typhoon H "hard" backpack was prone to damage due to its construction. Could have been the materials used or design of it... Don't know. Anyhow they've given up on the hard shell backpack. I was told that the soft shell backpack costs more than the hardshell backpack because the material is much more expensive (apparently it's a strong material).

No one at Yuneec USA (from what I'm told) has actually seen the soft shell backpack (finished product).

Expected availability mid July but more likely end July/early August.

I have a link in my soft pack thread to a video that has what I believe may be the Yuneec soft case;

Yuneec Typhoon H Soft Backpack on the way?

BTW Yuneec told me last week that the soft pack does not have It's own foam. They also confirmed the price at $189. The $100 price at B&H will more than likely go up to $189 when Yuneec reads this thread.

LoL figures I just got my backpack shipped and is arriving today and its already discontinued
a. They are going to come out with a newer and cheaper model
b. Sales were too low with the high price for just a shell

Very interesting. I too received the email from B&H. If thats true the backpack was prone to damage, I would "hope" they'd recall as it would seem thats a manufacturer defect.

I see the one I ordered is on its way... I hope its not problematic. I prefer a an HSC as opposed to a softcase...

I was at Yuneec UK today to pick up a new h..(.my original h had issues!) I was told the reason for the backpack being delayed was due to not being able to use as a carry on...oh, and by the by, was told to not calibrate unless I had problems!

LoL figures I just got my backpack shipped and is arriving today and its already discontinued
a. They are going to come out with a newer and cheaper model
b. Sales were too low with the high price for just a shell

If you no longer want the hard case, I'll buy it from you.

kinda looks like a slip cover for the foam insert...wonder what type of material its made from. I think some of the rucksack solutions some people have found would work just as good for less.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval