Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Backpack

When I got my H I also got the liner or backpack for my Foam liner. Now it's been a few years since I flew on a commercial plane , but the overhead i think is too small but if memory serves me right the pack could probably be stowed under the seat behind your Knees. All I know is it looks good. The two zippers can be locked together with a small lock. Do they still have that coat rack in the front of each cabin ?

Reactions: DroneClone
When I got my H I also got the liner or backpack for my Foam liner. Now it's been a few years since I flew on a commercial plane , but the overhead i think is too small but if memory serves me right the pack could probably be stowed under the seat behind your Knees. All I know is it looks good. The two zippers can be locked together with a small lock. Do they still have that coat rack in the. we'll connectw ya doing? Sorry I got tied up at work most of the day with emergency and didn't get back, we'll chat tomorrow if you are available!

How big is the backpack of H? Is it portable enough? I think we do need a backpack to carry it outside.

How big is the backpack of H? Is it portable enough? I think we do need a backpack to carry it outside.
Its fine for my small Camaro trunk and most anything, It may be a tad bit to big for a overhead luggage on airlines, I'm sure we will find out soon!

Alright, for everyone wondering if it will fit in the overhead compartment of an airplane, according to Trent from Yuneec, it will!

Skip to 11:25

The problem I see if you check the back pack is that the landing gear has no padding on the bottom. And the GPS sticks up through the padding on the top. Not sure if I would want to have any body throwing it around. I have called southwest airlines and they said, No it will have to be checked.

I've heard the hard backpack may be too big to carry on an airplane. Was wondering if backpack can be locked if you check your luggage with an airline?
You're not supposed to lock luggage if it's a check in at a airport, TSA will break your lock and may damage your property if you do so.

Alright, for everyone wondering if it will fit in the overhead compartment of an airplane, according to Trent from Yuneec, it will!

Skip to 11:25

Trent , I am sure fly's First Class, and has plenty room to put it, what about standard poor man class? I will call my buddy at AA and see with my measurements if I can fit it. He's a cab Maintenance Manager

Trent , I am sure fly's First Class, and has plenty room to put it, what about standard poor man class? I will call my buddy at AA and see with my measurements if I can fit it. He's a cab Maintenance Manager

:D;););););););)
In the screenshot below from Ming's video posted in the RCGs, the bag looks kind of huge.
Probably the big remote controller, spare batteries, and the unchanged vertical dimension of the aircraft after the arms are folded, making the whole package huge.

bag.png

That is not the Typhoon backpack though. That one is soft and mesh, the typhoon one is a hard shell and it is huge. Here it is standing next to my carry one luggage bag.

Attachments

• IMG_0645.JPG
    IMG_0645.JPG
    695.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0646.JPG
    IMG_0646.JPG
    636.6 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: Jeffrey Solorio
That is not the Typhoon backpack though. That one is soft and mesh, the typhoon one is a hard shell and it is huge. Here it is standing next to my carry one luggage bag.

Hey, unrelated question, how useful have you found the helipad? I know it keeps the H off the ground but does it have some sort of built in level so you can make sure the camera gets properly calibrated before takeoff? Is it collapsible for easy travel?

This has been discussed before. Some airlines have different limits. One person claimed one airline (forget which) had larger limits. 747s have larger overhead bins than most smaller jets. The most common size limit seems to be 45 linear inches, 22" x 14" x 9". The 9" is a fail for the Yuneec backpack. Some bags get advertised as "meets FAA size regulations" but FAA does not list any size limits but discusses 45 linear inches as a common restriction by airlines. See Carry-On Baggage Tips Also, see discussion in this 2014 article: Don't get grounded by new carry-on size limits

I would like to find an aluminum case without a pull-out handle that meassures 22x14x9 and make my own foam padding to accommodate the H with landing gear folded up, front and pack prop arms only partially folded down, side arms up, gimbal camera off. Then check empty backpack in duffle bag.

Reactions: PRnNJs FINEST
Hey, unrelated question, how useful have you found the helipad? I know it keeps the H off the ground but does it have some sort of built in level so you can make sure the camera gets properly calibrated before takeoff? Is it collapsible for easy travel?

The helipad is ok. I only use it to take off, have not tried to land on it yet. It does not have a level it has different circles with a numbering system to keep score how close you get to the middle. It is not collapsible, you can unscrew the legs and it has a cut out to carry it.

It must be nice to have too much business.

boy!!! Am still waiting for my H, just wonder have anyone in here have backpack yet??? Or stll pre-order

I was the first US based (consumer) open box youtube clip along with my backpack...hes giving a backpack away if you check out my clip on youtube idroneudrone

Latest update:
The new backpacks are not only in-stock, but they are shipping. B&H Photo shipped mine two days ago, & it was delivered this morning.1469823241308-2142279934.jpg

Latest update:
The new backpacks are not only in-stock, but they are shipping. B&H Photo shipped mine two days ago, & it was delivered this morning.View attachment 2232
That one in your photo looks very different from the one that I received with my H Pro. I'll send a photo when I can. Mine looks smaller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval