Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Basic how to edit videos from H?

Reaction score
Hi, I fly H480 only for business purposes and are quite good to take and edit still pics - XX
Sometimes my clients wants vids with some text and even sound... :eek: I have never done that before.. :mad: Can anyone recommend a basic "how to edit video" youtube video for newbies...
Thanx from Sweden

Reactions: mbernholdt
It all depends on what you are editing in.
If you are using premiere pro here is a few that comes to mind

Justin Odisho.

Matti Haarpoja.

And finally Peter Mckinnon

@Photo there are many videos on how to cut together clips and add text music and much more. However how to do it in one type of editor may differ from another. So you will need to decide on the type of program you want to use to edit the video, and to do that; you need a broader understanding of everything related to video - it is a deep subject.

Since you are new to video you will want to start with a basic and simple program. While many video producers use and highly recommend Adobe and other higher end software, these programs may require some prior editing knowledge or a very long and frustrating learning curve for a novice that has never edited any video. One of the most used and simplest-to-learn NLEs (Non Linear Editor) is Cyber Link's 'Power Director'. While it does not have all of the capability of Premiere and After Effects, if you are new you may want to get your feet wet with a simpler editor.

This is a fairly inexpensive program, it works with nearly all of the new types of video file formats and is fairly simple to learn - and there are a ton of tutorial videos on Youtube that feature this program being used.

.......So you will need to decide on the type of program you want to use to edit the video, .....

That seems to be the hardest part for me......I’m all Apple.....iMac, MacBook Pro, iPad, iPhone, AppleTV.....iCloud....

So, Final Cut is a no brainer?

But....my photography workflow.....I’m Creative Cloud: Lightroom Classic, Lightroom CC, Photoshop....Creative Cloud.....

So, Premiere Pro then?

What to do...what to do. I’m starting to push the limits of iMovie....I need to decide......

Reactions: mbernholdt
That seems to be the hardest part for me......I’m all Apple.....iMac, MacBook Pro, iPad, iPhone, AppleTV.....iCloud....

So, Final Cut is a no brainer?

But....my photography workflow.....I’m Creative Cloud: Lightroom Classic, Lightroom CC, Photoshop....Creative Cloud.....

So, Premiere Pro then?

What to do...what to do. I’m starting to push the limits of iMovie....I need to decide......

Since you are inside the Adobe ecosystem I can only recommend Premiere Pro CC and After effect.

I agree. I think the Adobe suite for video editing is unbeatable if you're comfortable with the price. The only reason I would recommend a different program is like in the case of Photo where he stated he has never done any editing. In his case a smaller first step may be a little less frustrating.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
Thank you....and my apologies to @Photo , I did not intend to hijack your thread.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I worked with Adobe for years and loved it. I got very comfortable with After Effects and what it can do is amazing but when they went to the subscription type pricing I stuck with my old CS4. Eventually, I had to make a decision to either bite the bullet and get up to date with Adobe or go another way. Currently the only video I do is just simple YT stuff, so I just needed a program that could handle multiple tracks and do basic stuff and have the ability to work with modern video formats and resolutions so I picked up PD. Going forward I am looking to expand into video for clients and if and when that happens, I will go back to Adobe.

I’ve heard a lot of good things with DaVinci Resolve.....but like Gimp, has a steep learning curve.

Hi, I fly H480 only for business purposes and are quite good to take and edit still pics - XX
Sometimes my clients wants vids with some text and even sound... :eek: I have never done that before.. :mad: Can anyone recommend a basic "how to edit video" youtube video for newbies...
Thanx from Sweden
If you are using Windows, download this free program to get a feel for how to edit. It's a good starting point.

Download VSDC Free Video Editor. It is best software for creating and editing video files.

I’ve heard a lot of good things with DaVinci Resolve.....but like Gimp, has a steep learning curve.
I use Gimp for most my JPeg photo work. I'm surprised you say it has a steep learning curve. When I started using Gimp it all came sort of natural to me.

Thanx from Sweden
Thanx for all for your response... I use PC and have a program already installed... Movie Maker... I also have GOM Player, is it for editing too or just to view the video?

Nobody's mentioned Camtasia for editing video.

I've got Premiere and see it's a better video editor, but keep going back to Camtasia because it's simpler, does most of what I need, and I'm familiar with it.

I vote for GIMP for photo editor. It lets me work with the HUGE jpgs DroneDeploy produces. I don't do the kind of stuff that others tout Photoshop and LightRoom, but I do appreciate their skills with these more expensive tools and recognize that for many they're the best.

I use Gimp for most my JPeg photo work. I'm surprised you say it has a steep learning curve. When I started using Gimp it all came sort of natural to me.

It does for some......but for many beginners with zero experience.....even just cropping has to be explained. Gimp’s incredible free offerings and depth of available tool sets can be overwhelming and confusing, even intimidating to someone with no idea of the concepts.

Reactions: FlushVision
?
Start with the program you already have, Movie Maker. It's easy to use and gets the job done but it has its limitations. When you've got to grips with Movie Maker, moving to something a bit more exotic will be much much easier......
Thanx Ren57, seems to be a good advice ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece