Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Batteries not charging

Reaction score
They should pay hopefully it's faulty. Interesting date, all my new batteries 2018 onwards have been poorer performers than 2016/17 ones, possibly cheaper components, inferior?
I'm getting the same problem with my batteries but I don't know where you guys are finding the date of manufacture. Is it under the flap that releases the battery from the Typhoon H? I don't see it under there, only the serial number

I'm getting the same problem with my batteries but I don't know where you guys are finding the date of manufacture. Is it under the flap that releases the battery from the Typhoon H? I don't see it under there, only the serial number
I've tried everything that has been said in this conversation except sending it back to Yuneec but nothing has worked. HELP!

What's the sequence of numbers?

I've tried everything that has been said in this conversation except sending it back to Yuneec but nothing has worked. HELP!
You have purchased a device capable of charging/storage? A Plus charging cradle,or DY5 charger or 3rd party charger and relevant lead?

Can the battery for the Typhoon H Plus work with the Typhoon H?
I'm confused Now. Did you buy a plus battery by mestake?
Or are the two batteries you've quoted serial numbers for are the only two you have?
Do the batteries say "Power 4 " for the H and the new one you bought say "Power 4P"

I'm confused Now. Did you buy a plus battery by mestake?
Or are the two batteries you've quoted serial numbers for are the only two you have?
Do the batteries say "Power 4 " for the H and the new one you bought say "Power 4P"
Let me tell you the whole story. So the other day, I was browsing Craigslist and I saw an ad for a Yuneec Typhoon H that was broken for $75. So I bought it and it came with 3 Power 4 batteries. Only one of the batteries would hold a charge and two of the battieries make the charger flash blue and beep every time I insert them. The first one charged, but after I used it, it would not charge anymore. So I'm wondering if I can purchase the battery for the Typhoon H Plus and use it with my Typhoon H

Let me tell you the whole story. So the other day, I was browsing Craigslist and I saw an ad for a Yuneec Typhoon H that was broken for $75. So I bought it and it came with 3 Power 4 batteries. Only one of the batteries would hold a charge and two of the battieries make the charger flash blue and beep every time I insert them. The first one charged, but after I used it, it would not charge anymore. So I'm wondering if I can purchase the battery for the Typhoon H Plus and use it with my Typhoon H
You can buy you need a different cradle, the for the plus battery or 3rd party charger, leads and watch the voltages.or just stick with H batteries to keep it simple.

Just throwing this out there, when you buy used goods, known to be damaged, you have zero assurance any part of it will be functional. This is especially true of batteries as they are the first thing mistreated, and all too often, consistently mistreated.

Any time a used battery is included in a sale we should automatically assume they will be unfit for further use until testing has proven to the contrary. The volume of battery issue posts from users across numerous RC forums is a clear indication people have not come up to speed on the use requirements of lithium chemistry batteries.

Your better off finding batteries made for the Typhoon H (H480). Batteries for the H Plus/H520 are more expensive, are at a higher voltage, and require different charging connection. They work in the Typhoon H, but cannot be charged using the OEM charger that came with the Typhoon H.

Just throwing this out there, when you buy used goods, known to be damaged, you have zero assurance any part of it will be functional. This is especially true of batteries as they are the first thing mistreated, and all too often, consistently mistreated.

Absolutly correct. Batteries are very sensitive to mishandling. They also wear down over time. This is the same for all battery powered devices like mobile phones, battery drills, laptops and so on.

In your case it sounds a lot like they have been discharged beyond the lower threshold. It is possible to recover them in many cases but leave this to the more experienced pilots. Any mistakes can even start a fire. You will also need different equipment than what comes with the Typhoon H.

Any time a used battery is included in a sale we should automatically assume they will be unfit for further use until testing has proven to the contrary. The volume of battery issue posts from users across numerous RC forums is a clear indication people have not come up to speed on the use requirements of lithium chemistry batteries.
I do chuckle at the eBay sellers mentioning that the LiPos are puffy but still usable?

Reactions: PatR
Absolutly correct. Batteries are very sensitive to mishandling. They also wear down over time. This is the same for all battery powered devices like mobile phones, battery drills, laptops and so on.

In your case it sounds a lot like they have been discharged beyond the lower threshold. It is possible to recover them in many cases but leave this to the more experienced pilots. Any mistakes can even start a fire. You will also need different equipment than what comes with the Typhoon H.
Treat your batteries like your partner with love and care, they'll last longer and give you less hassle.

What do I do with the old batteries? Throw the away, send them to Yuneec?

You want to safely dispose of them, so you do not have to find out if your homeowners insurance has any clauses regarding LiPo fires.

A repost below from our own @NRRTRAINS: :)

LiPo Battery Disposal
Before disposing of your LiPo, check to make sure the warranty has expired. Some companies have one-year replacement warranties that you can take advantage of, but most warranties will be voided if you perform the following steps before seeking a warranty replacement.

So you have a bad LiPo battery? No one really wants to keep them around (fire hazards that they are). So what is the process to get rid of a bad LiPo battery safely? Let's go through it.

1. Discharge the LiPo battery as far down as you safely can. You can do this a number of ways. Most computerized LiPo chargers have a discharge feature in them. If you don't have a charger with a discharge feature, you can run down the battery in your vehicle - keep in mind that you risk a fire and potentially damaging your vehicle doing this, so take care to have the necessary safety equipment around. Alternatively, you can build your own discharge rig with a taillight bulb and some wire. Simply solder a male connector of your choosing to the tabs on a taillight bulb, and plug the battery in. Make sure to have the battery in a fireproof container while doing this.
  2. Place the LiPo in a salt water bath. Mix table salt into some warm (not hot) water. Keep adding salt until it will no longer dissolve in the water. Ensure that the wires are all entirely submerged. The salt water is very conductive, and it will essentially short out the battery, further discharging it. Leave the battery in the salt water bath for at least 24 hours.
  3. Check the voltage of the LiPo. If the voltage of the battery is 0.0V, great! Move onto the next step. Otherwise, put it back in the salt water bath for another 24 hours. Continue doing this until the battery reaches 0.0V.
  4. Dispose of the battery in the trash. That's right - unlike NiMH and NiCd batteries, LiPos are not hazardous to the environment. They can be thrown in the garbage with no problem.
Alternatively, if you don't feel like going through this process yourself, you can bring the battery in to us and we will dispose of it for you at no cost. If you're not in our area, check with your local hobby shop to see if they offer a similar service.

go to this site , A Guide to Understanding LiPo Batteries

As well as our dedicated thread LiPo Battery Care

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval